VY - "My prediction is that we are making it to the Super Bowl"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Postgame conference after today's game against Seattle.

QB Vince Young

(On if he wants to make any pledge for next season…)

Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl. My prediction is that we are making it to the Super Bowl. The fact is, I’m going to work so hard in the offseason, so I can lead my teammates better. That’s what I want to leave with right there.

(On his season…)

I’m pretty pleased with it. My offseason last year, all the things that happened to me and definitely things that I have learned from Kerry Collins and [offensive coordinator Mike] Heimerdinger. I’m getting to know the game a little more. I’m pretty pleased with how I finished the season. It could be better, but at the same time, starting off in the middle of the season how things progressed, that we could have made it to the playoffs and things like that, I’m pretty happy with how I finished the season. But at the same time, next year I’m planning on having an even better year.

Read More

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Nice that he acknowledged KFC.

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

good to hear

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Many people on New Years Day predicted they will lose 30 pounds, get a promotion at work, and/or give up alcolhol/drugs. Do you believe all of those predictions too?

5. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Its something that you want to hear from your QB.

When they asked him "do you have any pledges for next season", what should he have said? Enlighten us.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Apparently he would prefer Vince says, "I predict we win some games, maybe get in the playoffs, and by some miracle get to the Super Bowl"

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Many people also publicly denounced VY as a failure and said he would never start for our franchise again?

Did you believe all of those predictions too?

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

He said the right things. VY "part 1" would have been on the bench sulking about missing the playoffs or not playing well. He obviously improved greatly under Collins and Dinger. He obviously has much more room to improve. It's nice to see him acknowledge both with a good head on his shoulders. Jury is still out on him, but he's back in the game now, at least.

9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I gotta take up for VY on this one. You have to see it to understand he's not talking smack but putting out his commitment to his teammates.

You can say it was the death of Steve McNair, the benching, or (dare I say) the way Fisher handled everything from 2006 until now but Vincent Young is a different man.

As we all know I'm not a Young believer but it's gonna be hard for anyone to root against a humbled guy who is going to work his off to get us to the next level.

Start at 3:44 for the quote.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d1SDmZSbAyI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d1SDmZSbAyI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I stayed optimistic to keep the season fun, but I wasn't expecting much honestly from this bunch. I did however believe Vince would make a difference as he has. But down 6 games, Vince simply didn't have enough space to screw around with. Two loses cost him a chance at the post season, and I liked our chances if we got there.

Normally two loses and your good, but since Kerry sabotaged our lives with 6 straight loses, those 2 games VY dropped were really 8. The Colts 2nd loss, and the X-mas debacle were too heavy for this camel to keep carrying.

I'm ready for 2010 thou, VY & CJ now have the entire offseason, training camp, and Sept-Nov to get a Super Bowl team fielded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar