VY not known for his hard work?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rebel Titan, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I think you have it backwards..McNair threw to the TE's close to the line and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn over 20 yds away with any accuracy

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, McNair took a long time to even be just ok with the long ball... from everything I've read so far, VY hits the long ones ok and struggles with the short passes. I really think we're going to see the Titans open that up this year - and not dink & dunk. That's what I gathered from Chow's statement that they had been trying to fit a round peg into a square hole last year. Vince has impressed them with his ability to read the safety and deliver the mid-deep ball.

That's a good sign, because I think it shows he can get his feet set and throw accurately... on the short passes he probably lets the mechanics slide a bit, but that is correctable. I could be wrong, but the signs seem to be pointing to a lot of 20+ yard attempts this year. If that's true it's great for our running game - take some pressure of the young RBs and give them room to work with.

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

VY's motion limits the trajectory he puts on passes. He doesn't follow through, or through from his "ear", which most pure QB's do, so you get basically the same pass each time. His short passes tend to float, as do his deep passes, but his midrange passes are pretty dead on. As I have stated, when he needs a 10-15 yard laser into coverage, it just doesn't seem to be there. Every pass has some "float" to it. The bad part is, even when they are on target, they take an extra second to get there, and can end up being "hospital" passes for the receivers. Williams took some viscious shots last year waiting for the ball. This was supposed to be corrected off season, but I see no difference......yet. I have watched a lot of training camp coverage, and while it may be selective editing, I haven't seen one deep pass completed, but have seen many picked off. We will see Friday if this has been corrected.

4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

As a Longhorn fan I have followed Vince since he was at Houston Madison High, the kid has come a long way, I mean a very long way. The difference between his 3rd and 4th year at Texas was night and day. His Sophomore year when he had Roy Williams to throw to was beyond horrible. I think Roy made the comment that if he knew Vince would be the starting QB he would have declared after his Junior year.

Point is Vince his improved every year since he was in high school until he stops improving I see no reason to think he has reached his peak.

BTW - The athlete I've seen that has worked harder than Vince was Michael Jordan, and this is one reason I feel we are looking at the football version of Mike. As far as I'm concerned his work ethic is a complete non-issue.

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Steve Young was a better passer than Montana but which would you or anyone take first. Vince, like Joe, is a winner.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

well who would you take, Vince Young or Joe montana?

7. Vince, because im a complete Homer. But he can makes things happen with his feet that only Mike Vick has ever done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar