VY Shares Win with McNair's Sons

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pettso, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

Immediately after the Titans defeated the Dolphins, quarterback Vince Young helped the late Steve McNair’s sons get from the stands to the field. Trenton and Tyler McNair spent plenty of time with Young and sat in his locker after the game.

McNair, a former Titans quarterback, was shot and killed on July 4.

Young said it means a lot to him to spend time with Trenton and Tyler, “just to keep their motivation, their confidence up, and try to take their mind off of that, because sometimes they are thinking about it. Just to see them smiling and having a good time in the locker room, everybody hugging them and squeezing them, that is fun for them.

“It fills my heart with joy just to see them smile because I know in the big picture what really happened. But just to see those guys smile, that is the biggest thing. Just to see my little brothers smile. That is all I love about it now.”

Source: http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2009/12/20/vy-shares-win-with-mcnairs-sons/

The more I watch VY on the field and read about his conduct off the field, the more I'd love to see him be the future of this team.

2. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

VY is a great guy. Really glad to see McNair's sons have a father-figure around.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's reasons most of us are nuts about Vince, and now your seeing why we pull for him on and off the football field. He's a guy you enjoy seeing win, in all phases of life.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice thing, but is it going to make headlines everytime VY has some kind of contact with McNair's sons?

5. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

VY is the kind of guy who makes refs want to high five him and Jeff Fisher want to snuggle.

When he at Texas, he pulled so many improbable miracles out of his hat on fourth and long and down in the fourth with just seconds left, that a lot of us here still get him kind of confused with Jesus.

But I realize that the laws of physics dictate that one person can only garner so much love so everybody who doesn't love him has to hate him to keep the universe from exploding.

6. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I would almost guarantee that it doesn't make headlines every time, so we don't know all of the things he does. We just hear about some of them from what the media covers. That's what makes Vince such a good guy. He doesn't do any of this stuff for the press coverage. I would venture to say that he would probably prefer to not get coverage for any of it. Keep doing what you do Vince, both on and off the field.

7. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

Ode to Vince
    as sung to the
    Theme from Shaft

Who's quarterback in town
    That Merrill Hoge is puttin' down?
    [Vince!]
    You're damn right

He can run and he can throw
    He's a winner, say don't you know
    [Vince!]
    Can ya dig it?

Who's the cat that cool as ice
    But treats McNair's kids real nice?
    [Vince!]
    Right on

You see this cat Vince is a bad mother--
    [Shut your mouth]
    But I'm talkin' about Vince

He's the best, ain't no jive
    And referees give him high five
    [Vince!]
    I ain't lyin!

Drinks tequila by the jug
    A brother Fisher loves to hug
    [Vince!]
    Word to y'all

Tennessee has got it made
    He's hotter than his Escalade
    [Vince!]
    Yeah, baby

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

This is a Titans message board...

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

:obvious:

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Well I wouldn't call it making headlines when a story like this pops up on a Titans message board. It's not like we're hearing this stuff on ESPN or NFL Network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar