VY to get a Start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lmao @ TBC. This guy wouldn't say 1 thing negative about a Titans player if you paid him to.
    He's either some player's mom or the team's #1 scout.

As for Vince:

Well, at least this will kill all the "he was playing with no talent" excuses. What's left? Oh...wrong routes. The 1st stringers will run the wrong routes for Vince, but not when Kerry plays.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No I'm not a pessimistic realist either, I react to what I see. And so far I haven't seen ANYTHING AT ALL in 4 years to make me think Young can be a franchise QB. If you have please tell me but I have not. And maybe Hawkins ran the wrong route but it was still a poorly thrown ball.

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

As do I, yet like I said, you have a more pessimistic outlook towards things.
    Your 'but it was still a poorly thrown ball' statement is a prime example of that. <--that is a pessimistic statement automatically blaming Vince w/o any thought whatsoever about this...
    You do know that the DB may have been in a different position had Hawk ran another route. And for all we know if Hawkins did run the right route, he could have snagged it.
    But yeah, you're right. Vince is still to blame when his WRs run the wrong routes. :rolleyes:
    Not a pessimistic realist, my @SS!

I'm not saying he's been stellar by any means over the past four years. I'm not trying to apologize for his poor play. But I'm going to listen to the HC and the OC's opinions before I do from anyone on here. They are the professionals, none of you are.

4. Deuce Wayne

As for Hawkins running the wrong route?

Vince throws it to the BREAK of the route, not where the route is going. He throws it straight toward Hawkins, so even if he did make the right cut the ball was in no-mans land. So that excuse is dead. It was a bad throw. Vince saw the blitz coming, his butt cheeks got tight, and he just threw up a prayer. The exact throw that he criticized himself for throwing in the past.

5. Deuce Wayne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAUv9FhXlHM

Go to the 2:06 mark. Watch what happens. Vince sees the blitz coming from his right, so he just tosses it in the direction where he THINKS a receiver is. He still never saw the blitzing man from the end that came the exact play before, either which shows he still isn't making any progress at all reading the defense.

But watch where the ball is thrown. Not to the sideline where the "correct" route would have ended- but right on the break of the route.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I Ramsey is our #2 at the end of preseason all of you Young nut swingers better have a good-bye speech prepared for him because he will be cut before the season starts. No way we hold even his current contract and let him hold the clip board for someone holding a clip board.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you're right.
    the only way Hawkins catches that ball is if it was a stop or a curl

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Exactly, it was a total lob pass

9. xTitanNicx

xTitanNicx Camp Fodder

I don't see a problem with giving the man a chance, but how many chances do you get? I just don't see VY having the stuff to take over for KC eventually. Maybe he can prove me wrong but...I won't hold my breath. Either way, it's preseason and doesn't count so...in the famous words of my wife...whatever.

10. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

Thank you for finding that clip. It's such a blatently obvious lack of awareness on Young's part I cannot believe anyone would put the blame on the receivers.

All the drinkers of Young Koolaid for years have said "he doesn't have anyone to throw to". Well, as we've seen so far he has plenty of corners and safeties to throw to. And with pinpoint accuracy at that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar