VY to Tejans....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Be a lot cooler if he did....

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. PassTitansPass

PassTitansPass Starter

I loved VY - I still have the shoulderpads and helmet he threw me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Your famous

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Andy Reid gave VY the old "it's not you, it's me" line.

Classic. Yet timeless.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. nickmsmith

And may I respond with a hearty laugh to the thought that VY would be the best backup in the league. Let's see....Matt Flynn got a nice new role and probably contract. Where's VY's?

So far, 0 of the 32 teams have given him even a vet minimum contract. Not even the teams that are starving for a good QB.

I didn't know the rose colored glasses also doubled as blindfolds.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Classic line. Love that.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Who's the best backup in football? Somebody please tell me this?

Vince Young could be that guy.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Jake Locker

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I would've been with you all day long a year ago. Heck, I thought he could've been a top 20 starter a year ago. But he was pretty god awful in his limited time last season. And the fact that the Eagles didn't bring him back should tell you something. You don't buy Reid's "you're not a backup" line do you?

I agree with Alex honestly. I think we have the best backup situation (be it Jake Locker or Matt Hasselbeck) in football. Of course there's some bias in my answer. I just think if VY were truly the best backup in football the Eagles would've never let him go. They're rolling with Mike Kafka (2 career appearances, 0 TD, 2 INT) and Trent Edwards instead. That fact makes me do one of these... :?:

10. nickmsmith

Who is the best is hard to tell, because if they were that good, they'd be a starter, but I can say for sure that

TJ Yates is better than VY.
    Tebow is probably better than VY,
    Flynn is better than VY,
    Jake Locker is better than VY,

Mike Kafka is better than VY,
    and Andy Reid knew it.

VY is not a backup, he's right. he needs to go to a place where he can be a star, because he's not good enough to be a starting NFL QB, and too big of an ego to be contained as a backup. He should go to a smaller league where he can shine. T.O., who also has a big ego, humbled himself and did it. VY should, too.

If the Texans don't want him as a backup, where he has a HOLIDAY NAMED IN HIS HONOR, then there is truly nowhere for him to go. The Texans could bring him in a few plays a game as a RB/WR/QB and use him basically as a mascot, and make millions in jersey sales. But they won't even touch him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar