VY vs Vick, McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't see a whole lot of difference in McNabb and McNair except McNabb is a younger version. I thought VY would be more like Vick but so far he is more of a McNabb, McNair at least we hope he turns out that good.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

mcnabb and vince both came out of gimmick offenses in college. that was pretty much my comparison. i forgot to throw that in there.

3. Brian

Brian Big Fan

McNabb can throw a deep ball.

4. vnomus2

vnomus2 Camp Fodder

Vick is one of a kind. I don't think he will ever win a superbowl, because he can't throw. But as far as speed and quickness none of the guys you have mentioned come close to Vick.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Maybe I didn't get my point across, very similar numbers yet the vick and mcnair are getting credit for leading their teams in the media while VY is getting graded down.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

no doubt we have yet to see the best of VY..
    Santa please bring us a monster O-line...

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

an O-line won't improve Young. The Ravens D is what is leading them not McNair

8. Tman

Tman Camp Fodder

:rolleyes:

You give VY a good O-line, then sit back and watch him work his magic. Remember there was a reason why the Titans picked 3rd. :yes: As far as a gimmick offense in college, call it what you want but it worked. I know, I watched him for 3 years at Texas. HOOK'EM Titans!

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

The reason he was picked 3rd was because Bud told them to. This isn't college anymore.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mcnabb vs mcnair..??

After the 2002 season i started a thread that rated the top QBs in the league based on performance. I rated mcnabb 2nd best in the league and mcnair 3rd. My reasoning was that mcnabb takes care of the ball a little better and had the better TD to int ratio. Of course since then brady(I rated him 6th) has won 2 more super bowls and manning(5th) has put up mind boggling numbers.

Mcnabb was better earlier in his career than mcnair and will likely be better for more years. Mcnabb is a hall of fame player while mcnair was just good. That's the difference and the guy young needs to pattern himself after is mcnabb.

Look at what mcnabb has done this season. He has produced 16 TDs throwing and running with just 2 (ints) and 2 fumbles He has just 2 fumbles all season while young already has 5 and mcnair has 4. That's the kind of QB i want vince young to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar