Wade Gets Opportunity to Make Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Receiver Bobby Wade, who was claimed off waivers from the Chicago Bears last season, made big strides over the past few months to prove himself. He not only proved he can catch the ball consistently, but he expanded his knowledge of all the receiver positions as well. Coach Jeff Fisher added that Wade would also get a chance to win the punt return job in preseason. "I'll do whatever I can do," Wade said. "It's been good for me to get all the work this offseason. And the way I see it, the more I can familiarize myself with the offense the better off it will be for everyone."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think Wade is a lock to make the roster. Who else do we have that can return punts besides him and Pac. Waddell and B. Jones are both out until mid-season at least. I think Wade will win the #1 slot receiver role.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Roby and I think one of the rookies can do it.

4. fltitan

fltitan Guest

It really doesnt matter to me which receivers start just put the people out there that give us the best chance to win. We have more depth and quality at receiver than we have had in years. If Wade starts that just means hes better than anyone thouht and will be a huge advantage. I like the idea of someone in the slot that is as dangerous as he must be running after the catch. He certainly wont get doubled and could make big yards after the catch from the slot. I dont think their will be any question about him making the roster and I hope he is good enough to start. Now get the run going and we could have an exciting offense. I have coinfidence Coach Fisher knows the punt return game and will put the right guy back there if its Wade so be it. Its nice to have some depth in the return game this year instead of not being sure about anyone like the beginning of the season last year.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Wade is an x-Bear, a big plus as far as Fisher goes.

6. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Roby can return punts...and probably finnegan

7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

In college, Finnegan had 222 yards on 15 punt returns, a 14.8 yard average, and one TD. On kick returns, he gained 1,980 yards on 70 returns, a 28.3 average, with 3 TDs. At his Pro Day he ran a 4.33 and 4.35 on FieldTurf. I'm sure Fisher and Lowry give him a look as a returner too.

8. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Finnegan is on Fishers s**t list right now. Hopefully, that will cool down.

9. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

why is he on his **** list for? What did he do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar