Wade Gets Opportunity to Make Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

calvin johnson is the second coming of larry fitzgerald

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

An offensive trio of Vince Young, Lendale White and Calvin Johnson would set this offense up for ten years.

With our first round pick we need to be targetting pro-bowl quality players. We have got about 6 decent #2/#3 receivers on our roster and 2 borderline #1 receivers (Givens, bennett). A true standout #1 receiver would be a well placed investment in my view, and there is no better prospect than Calvin Johnson.

3. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

why draft another safety? O-line sure...not a another running back and so why not a wide reciever if he is REALY worth it...but then again we would be over loaded with WRs...so

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

safety because this is a make or break year for lamont as far as im concerned. i like the kid a lot and his potential, but this is the year for him to become a reliable starter if he's going to do it.

but would i take calvin johnson? absolutely....

5. Nash

Nash Starter

if we're drafting high enough to get Johnson (top 5 position), we have some major issues somewhere on defense..my bet is we draft about 10 to 12th, and we go for a DL..

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

nah, don't go DL, just sign Dwight Freeney

7. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i heard he'll have room to re-sign in indy

we need...
    o-line
    DE
    safety
    our WR's could be amazing or amazingly average... we'll know that come draft time.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

either he signs for $4 or the Colts are cheating the cap.

9. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Well...We need a solid Right defensive end...and lamont may be a better SS then a FS....we'll see

10. smili

smili Starter

I'm guessing our upcoming needs are:
    1. o-line - including center to replace Mawae a couple years out, and probably another high calibur guard/tackle type.
    2. cornerback - always a need, always hurt, plus we're reluctant to keep the folks we draft so we have to keep bringing in new.
    3. we might still be looking for chow's "scatback" type 3rd down back, although I'm hoping we find someone to fill that role this year (Ganther maybe)
    4. We might need to put QB on our draft list also, although I'm guessing a free agent QB might be the preferred route. Volek won't hang around here as backup when VY takes over, so I'd guess a mid to late round draftpick spent on a developmental QB might be in the works next year. We can't keep cycling through league rejects at backup. Volek has been a luxury for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar