Wade Hoping to Remain with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, I don't think we should spend "too much" on any player. It's hard to quantify when we don't have numbers. I agree, he shouldn't get Givens' contract, but he should be well paid for a backup WR, whatever that means.

2. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

exactly we need to get a new gm fast so we can start up talks with our free agents. i say keep wade to, hes a good fit here.

3. Thanks for the good season

but no thanks..

4. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Is there really gonna be room for him With Givens, Jones, Maybe Bennet, and Probably an early round Draft pick?? I'd rather have Wade than Givens though, but that's just me.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

givens isnt going to play next year, and by the end of next season a lot of those young guys(roby and williams) probably wont be here unless they start to produce.

6. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

they said he should be ready by training camp or mid training camp.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I got the impression during the last offseason that Fisher really liked Wade.

I don't see that he did anythin g this seasson to change that & I'd like to see him come back in 07'.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, but how productive will he be? they were unwilling to play brandon jones more than a handful of snaps for about 3 weeks into the season. jones' injury wasnt anywhere near as bad as givens' was.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Wade apparently is better than Roby and Williams based on how much he played and his numbers were actually pretty decent considering he was a third WR on a team that didn't put up big passing numbers.

If we don't retain Bennett there is more than enough room on the roster for Wade even if Givens comes back. He would still be our #3 WR. Pretty important postion and he can play STs.

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Don't underestimate the importance of productive 'character guys'. Especially on a young team. They're almost irreplaceable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar