Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Wade Hoping to Remain with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    Good point.
  2. DJB Starter

Verner
    Moolah:
    $559

Yes...ALMOST irreplaceable
  3. LazyManJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $0
    We should re-sign him, a soild #3/4 receiver and a decent KR is worth having, plus the players seem to like him...
  4. cld12pk2go Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Wade is a keeper.

He is a solid (if not spectacular) KR/slot receiver, a good character guy, and not expensive...
  5. TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Moolah:
    $0
    From what i have seen, Wade does play better than Williams and Roby. But if we bring in a talented rook at WR (Dwayne Jarrett) then he will take wade's job and send BJ or Givens to 4th string.??? Fisher will not cut him because he returns kicks if the unthinkable happens to Pacman, so I think he has talent at WR, he is kinda a shifty guy who'll make some moves and he'll got some YAC yards. I like Wade, he's been an effictive guy who'll actually catch the ball. Unlike Drew Bennett who drops every deep ball thrown to him. Keep him, it'll pay off.
  6. bongo59 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Depends upon what he is looking for............I think if he is reasonable three yrs is fine.............but I would only give him a one yr deal..............
  7. Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $68
    ditto
  8. ammotroop Airforce MAN

Moolah:
    $25
  9. Sannyasin Guest

I'd sign him to a 6 year deal at very little over league minimum salary over the life of the contract but with huge roster bonuses for the first day of each of his first few seasons. The roster bonuses (rather than a signing bonus) only effect the year they are in and this sort of contract puts the cap hit in the next couple of years when we have tons of cap room versus the last few years of that contract where we will have very little room.

Bottom line, he's an above average slot receiver and well above average special team player and run blocker (for a WR) already. He has started to develop good chemistry with Vince and could lock up a starting spot on offense for a long time.
  10. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Hell no. He's worth a short, fairly cheap contract and nothing more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.