Wade Hoping to Remain with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Good point.

2. DJB

DJB Starter

Yes...ALMOST irreplaceable

3. We should re-sign him, a soild #3/4 receiver and a decent KR is worth having, plus the players seem to like him...

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Wade is a keeper.

He is a solid (if not spectacular) KR/slot receiver, a good character guy, and not expensive...

5. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

From what i have seen, Wade does play better than Williams and Roby. But if we bring in a talented rook at WR (Dwayne Jarrett) then he will take wade's job and send BJ or Givens to 4th string.??? Fisher will not cut him because he returns kicks if the unthinkable happens to Pacman, so I think he has talent at WR, he is kinda a shifty guy who'll make some moves and he'll got some YAC yards. I like Wade, he's been an effictive guy who'll actually catch the ball. Unlike Drew Bennett who drops every deep ball thrown to him. Keep him, it'll pay off.

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Depends upon what he is looking for............I think if he is reasonable three yrs is fine.............but I would only give him a one yr deal..............

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

ditto

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Keep him

9. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

I'd sign him to a 6 year deal at very little over league minimum salary over the life of the contract but with huge roster bonuses for the first day of each of his first few seasons. The roster bonuses (rather than a signing bonus) only effect the year they are in and this sort of contract puts the cap hit in the next couple of years when we have tons of cap room versus the last few years of that contract where we will have very little room.

Bottom line, he's an above average slot receiver and well above average special team player and run blocker (for a WR) already. He has started to develop good chemistry with Vince and could lock up a starting spot on offense for a long time.

10. Hell no. He's worth a short, fairly cheap contract and nothing more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar