Wade Hoping to Remain with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

jones 1, bennett if signed 2 or if givens is healthy or rookie(ginn or jarrett) and 3 is wade. thats how i would see it.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wade vs curtis...

It is going to take a 4 year offer for something along the lines of $8m to keep wade. Why should he settle for less in a free agent market that is so thin at his position? Anyone who is talking about the league minimum isn't thinking because a good #3 WR who can also return kicks and punts will make a couple of million these days.

If we deem wade's demands to be too expensive an alternative would be kevin curtis a similar type player who will likely be a free agent. Curtis put up similar numbers as the rams #3 but in his case it's not the lack of pass attempts but the fact he has to be the third option behind holt and bruce who eat up a lot of catches.

The positive thing about curtis is that in 2005 when bruce was hurt curtis was called on to start 9 games and produced 801 yards so he can play on the outside.

As players you have to give the edge to curtis but here is why we should sign wade. Curtis and wade came into the league the same year in 2003. Curtis was a 3rd rd pick and wade a 5th. Despite the fact they came into the league the same year wade is 2 1/2 year younger than curtis! Bobby wade is only 25 years old! Wade is a player who may just be coming into his own and can do some good things for us. He knows the system, is a good fit and likes playing with vince young..

The fact that wade expressed his desire to play for this team is very positive. I say get him signed before he becomes a free agent. As for curtis he would be a viable option if we can't sign bennett.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

5. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

u could be right about wade coming into his own so we should sign him. i think jarret could drop to us but not johnson. im all for nelson anyways. it would be nice to have a big time play maker like roy williams, brian dawkins, or bob sanders.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Top WR according to GBN..

Ranking overall..

Johnson-3

jarett-8

Ginn-14

Samardzija-22

Meachem-26

Based on this the first 3 guys will not be there when we pick 19th. Still excited about drafting a WR? Of course according to GBN's mock draft landry and hall will also be gone. According to their mock draft the top 2 DEs, safeties and CBs will all be off the board as well. Still there are some good corners left to consider like cason and bennett and some good safeties that could be had in rd 2. Note that the GBN mock does not include the QB russell and probably one or 2 more good players who may come out. They have hall going in the 15th pick and landry in the 17th.

http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

leon hall is horrible, he would be a worse pick than woolfolk.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The best NFL player of that bunch besides Calvin Johnson is Samardzija. He is going to be better than Jarret or Ginn. He is actually a littel faster than Jarret and has as good of hands if not better and he has great body control and runs well after the catch. Greatest WR in Irish history.
    He is also as big as Jarret at 6'5 220 and of all the WRs he will be ready to play at a high level right away IMO.
    He is the one I'd jump on if I were looking for a WR.

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

He's pretty good, but not close to Tim Brown.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Isn't he undecided about whether he's going for football or baseball? That's my only concern, he's a great player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar