wade is good...but pac is something else.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Right you are sir.

2. Nine

Nine Starter

I agree with the theory that Fisher doesn't want him hurt or worn out....he's far too important to the team's gameplan. (I always disagreed with Fisher's decision to relieve DMase of his return duties....I understand why he did it, but if that's where a player makes the biggest impact, then he needs to be out there. If you've got a big gun, you need to shoot it.)

I think Pacman's fumblitis is probably the biggest reason behind his not returning kickoffs. Nothing loses a game faster than turnovers, and Pacman literally fumbles about every fourth or fifth time he touches the ball. (I'm not trying to bash him or exaggerate anything...it's just a fact.)

When the Titans send out their kickoff return team, it's usually right after an opponent has scored. Imagine an opponent scoring a FG or a TD, then getting the ball right back at the Titans' 20 after a Pacman fumble. It could literally turn the entire game around in 2-3 plays.

It sucks, too....Pacman is clearly one of the most dangerous playmakers in the league, and a threat to score whenever he touches the ball. If not for his ball security issues, I think we'd see a lot more of him on KO returns and possibly even lining up on offense.

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

uve got ur facts all wrong....he hasnt muffed a return since last yr...and taht is when he was released from those duties...he's been doing real well as of late...he jsut had to get used to those f'ed up knuckleballs they kick...but now he's got them under control...and he was a sick *** return man...he was second in averges of retunred kickoffs after mathis of the texans last yr...SECOND IN THE NFL...i dont know wat we are now...but i dont think we are that high...all i now if u give those duties to packman...we will have more chacnes...and i know injures are a problme and that is a good point...but seriously he is just too fast, quick, and deceptive that he should be our return man.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Kick returns are different than punt returns, and there is a much better chance for injury. I think we have the right people doing each.

5. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

I for one dont even think Wade will be back next year,Bennett will be re-signed I think....but he wont get big dollar money or be our number 1 or 2 WR....most likely number 2,but it depends on how GIvens returns,what kind of shape he is in,and what our plans our for him and his hefty contract in the future.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Wade already has a shoulder injury thats going to require surgery in the offseason so let pac return kickoffs and punt returns he's one of the best if not the best in the NFL so give Wade's shoulder a break. But Wade will be back next year he's a quality wide receiver and the coaching staff loves him.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I could find a reason to scrap almost all of our WRs, regardless of return value, but I think most will be back. Maybe not Orr, but Givens will probably have another chance. Easiest however-much-million he's ever made. :irked:

But fix the problem by this, if it's speed you're after (sorry for the draft insert here): draft Ted Ginn, Jr. Then I like the return game: Pacman - PR, Ginn, Jr. - KR, backups Wade, Roby, Waddell, if he's still around. Heck, Finnegan's faster than Jones, though he probably can't cut like him, but why not? I'd be pretty satisfied with that kind of depth.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he got that shoulder injury returning a kickoff. they are very dangerous, punts arent as dangerous. i know pac is a dynamic guy, but we cant afford him to get hurt. the last thing we need is for woolfolk to get on the field for a game or so.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

10. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I actually think that Roby can do better at KOR than Wade... Back when we drafted Finnegan, I remember rumors of him being the KOR guy. I would like to see someone with better agility that can make better cuts to do the KORs. That's just my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar