Wade Making Case to Become #3 WR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: WR Bobby Wade is creating quite a buzz at Titans training camp for making big plays. "Yes, he does (always seem like he's making a play)," said Coach Jeff Fisher. "And he's really done that since the day he got here last year. He's had a great offseason and he's fun to watch. He loves to play. He wants to play. He's competitive and always smiling. He's very creative. He's got a a lot of ability inside to get open. That's the kind of receiver we need." Many feel the 5-foot-10, 186-pound, 2003 fifth-round selection out of Arizona is in the lead to take over the #3 WR spot, especially with Brandon Jones on the PUP list recovering from an ACL. "You've got to like that if you can make a play any way possible, especially being the third guy," Wade said. "A guy who comes in on third down and in situations like that who can bring some spark to the offense. That's what I want to provide. Anyway they fit me in, I'm willing to do it. I'm just trying to do it to the best of my ability."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Wade love rages on.

3. fltitan

fltitan Guest

A breath of fresh air for our offense. If this keeps up he will make Givens, Bennett and the others much more dangerous and may give us the big play threat we have been missing.

4. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

I wasn't at all excited about the signing end of last season, but he has been impressive this summer...

Anyone think that with his helmet on he looks like Hines Ward? Several good receivers would be a nice problem to have for a very long time!

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/uploads/sm_wade_001.jpg

5. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

I hope he unseats Pacman at PR too, not because Pacman isn't fantastic (I love watching him) but because we need him at CB more than we need Wade at WR.

That said, I think Wade is our new Mason, a guy who can be shifty and separate from CBs.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

This will be Fisher's comment after game 1. "We didn't make any plays out there. But our Tight Ends were making tons of catches."

The theory of relativity is about to kick in guys.

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Let me beat 'him' to it.............Wadeology!

8. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

:ha: :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar