Walker’s biggest challenge

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans tight end Delanie Walker participated in his first training-camp practice on Monday.

Now it’s time to play catch-up for Walker, who has missed the first two preseason games while recovering from knee surgery.

“The ability to go in and know the plays is easy,” said Walker, who was taken off the PUP list. “But conditioning wise and getting in football shape, I think that’s going to be the hardest process. So I basically have 10 days to get in football shape. Knowing myself, I go 110 percent every play, so I don’t think it will take too long.”

Walker took part only in individual drills and seven-on-seven drills on Monday, with Titans coach Mike Munchak saying he hopes to include Walker in team drills on Tuesday.

“It’s going to be like a ladder every day, take it step by step until I get to my highest point,” Walker said. “I feel comfortable going every play and actually getting in there for some running plays.”

Walker said he wants to play in the team’s final preseason contest against Minnesota.

“You want to get that feel of the game,” Walker said. “You don’t ever want to go into the season not being tackled, especially coming off an injury. So if my leg is comfortable and I feel comfortable going, Minnesota is a game I’d like to play in.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Good to see him finally getting healthy. Our offense should be good this year especially with him in there getting reps in practice before the start of the season. Hopefully he does play against Minnesota to get his feet wet before the first real game.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Sounds good to me.
    I hope he can bring consistency to the TE position. Plain and simple.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I hope he can be the versatile security blanket Jake needs

5. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Glad he's back, getting in a preseason game would be very helpful.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It only takes about 1 game to see where youre at, Atlanta is a good game to test his ability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar