Walker eyes preseason return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans tight end Delanie Walker said he’s hoping to return from injury in time to play at least part of the preseason schedule with his new team.

Signed to a four-year, $17.5 million contract during the offseason, Walker is currently on the PUP list after recent arthroscopic knee surgery.

“I think that’s our goal as a team and for myself, to make it for at least the last two preseason games or the last preseason game,” Walker said. “And I’d like to practice for at least a week or week-and-a-half first, so we’ll see. But that’s the goal.”

Walker was healthy enough to finish the OTAs on the knee despite some pain, but weeks later, he decided it was time to undergo surgery.

“They gave me medication (during OTAs), gave me a shot in the knee, put some lubrication in there, and it felt good when I left,” Walker said. “But I think it was just making it feel better at the time. It wasn’t healing it.

“So about two and a half weeks ago, I was working out back in L.A. and just couldn’t take it anymore. It swelled up and I wasn’t able to work out the way I wanted to. So I talked to (GM Ruston Webster and coach Mike Munchak) and told them I thought this would be best. They thought it would be best as well to get it out of the way, so it would be no problem leading into the August.”

Walker said he thought long and hard before going through with the surgery.

“It’s very disappointing,” Walker said. “That’s why I had a long talk with my agent, saying `Should I do this or should I wait?’ But we felt that for me to be at my best and to come in and show everyone what I could do, then I should have the surgery.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Better to get it out of the way sooner than later. He just had his knee scoped...nothing to major so he'll be back with the team pretty quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar