Walker likely off PUP this week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans expect to activate tight end Delanie Walker (knee) from the physically unable to perform list this week, but it remains to be seen if he will play in a preseason game.

Walker definitely won’t play against the Falcons on Saturday at LP Field, since he’ll only have practiced a few days. He may or may not suit up for the final preseason contest (at Minnesota on Aug. 29) that will feature a large number of backups.

Coach Mike Munchak said he could see Walker, who’s recovering from knee surgery, potentially getting 12-15 snaps with the first-teamers against the Vikings.

“Some guys really want to play (in the final preseason game), and I assume he’s one of those guys,” Munchak said. “He wants the reps and he wants to be tackled. And then he still has 10 days to play again, so we’ll see.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I can't wait to see Walker in action. Take it slow and get 100% Walker..

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Yeah, I think this guy will be a big part of the offense if he gets healthy and on the same page as the offense.

Would really like to see him get some good reps in at least one preseason game though, even if its with the 1st and 2nd stringers just because I would want him to at least get back into the groove of a gamelike situation before facing the squeelers.

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

guy is a good football player and a great fit here

5. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I like the positives.

6. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I watched the replay of the Superbowl a few weeks ago and he looked really solid. He had some nice catches and a really great tackle on special teams. He lit Jacoby Jones up on the special teams tackle! It got me really excited about him being here. I support his activism against drunk driving, but wish he would help to lobby for better public transit in Nashville. It is hard to do the right thing in Nashville without spending an arm and a leg on a cab if you can even get one! Forget about cabbing it on NYE in Nashville! There is talk of an electric street trolly, which I think would be an awesome thing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar