Walter Football's Draft Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

http://walterfootball.com/offseason.php

Teams with best drafts:
    Packers A+
    Saints A
    Texans A
    49ers A-
    Falcons A-
    Rams A-
    Ravens A-
    Steelers A-
    Titans A-

There's a pretty common theme amongst those teams... Playoffs and/or recent success. Four of the teams have won Super Bowls within the last four years. Pretty much every team other than the Titans and Rams have been consistently solid teams over the last several years.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I get the feeling that the top teams are going to be praised for their decision making regardless of what they do...

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. RavensShallBurn

I don't know... Those teams, minus maybe the Saints and Ravens, had great drafts.

Walter Football knows his stuff.

4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

http://walterfootball.com/offseason2013ten.php?1=1&p=2&id=22

It's funny to see the Titan posters respond to this in Walters mock. He mocks Warmack for months to the Titans and once they draft him for real he is luke-warm on the move and gives them a C.

Some of the posters responses on his website:5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - ANGRY TITAN FANS ATTACK!

Giving Warmack a C grade because he's a guard is a horrible excuse for lazy journalism.

If you have something to actually say about the player say it.

OH WAIT

you can't because he is probably the best prospect in the entire draft. I'll bookmark this page so that when Warmack is a 10 time pro bowler you can laugh at your own idiocy, or more likely, cry yourself to sleep.
    [/QUOTE]

5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Most Walter Football mocks I had seen had us taking Milliner...a pick i wanted nothing to do with.

Color me unimpressed with Milliner.

6. RavensShallBurn

Yea I didn't understand the C grade for Warmack.

He's considered the best guard prospect since Hutchinson.

He was widely referred to as the best player in the entire draft.

7. RavensShallBurn

He had us taking Warmack in 90% of his mocks. He only switched to Milliner in the final week leading up to the draft.

Even after we signed Levitre, he continued mocking Warmack to us.

8. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Must've missed it. I like reading his stuff. He usually seems to know what he's talking about. Giving the Warmack pick a C is stupid though.

9. RavensShallBurn

Only reason he gave it a C was just due to #10 being early for a guard.

I'm pretty sure Cooper and Warmack are the highest guards taken since Munchak way back in the day. I'll look into it.

I don't agree with the grade, but that's the reasoning.

He gave the Cooper pick a D.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't get it. Cooper is a great guard prospect. With the additions of Carson Palmer and Rashard Mendenhall, they need to create gaps and protection for them. I think it was a good pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar