Wanted- One Missing Titan...Antenna Ball

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tungtide, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

I went to the automated car wash today and drove my Ford Ranger Edge in for a wash. About two thirds the way I looked up at my antenna and realized my antenna ball- my Titan-helmet,smiley-faced antenna ball- was missing. I started to chuckle, because the irony of this was not lost on me. It seems that my antenna ball is the latest in a long line of missing Titans. It certainly is symbolic of what we have seen over the past few weeks, and maybe over the past 2 years.
    I know the only thought I had after watching last night's game was where did our Titans go? To answer this I only need to look to the broadcast booth or listen to morning radio, or even perhaps gaze toward Baltimore. The truth is I could never root for the ratbirds, even though it seems they have more good Titan players right now than we do. This leaves me with several questions I would ask Floyd Reese:
    1- Floyd, how do other teams manage to work under the cap and keep key players while rebuilding?
    2- Floyd, how can Denver still have members of their Super Bowl team and play at that level?
    3- Floyd, after years of Steve renegotiating his contract why was he reluctant to do so at this point? Could it be you traded his team away until he didn't feel that loyalty anymore?(the lockout thing didn't help)
    4- Floyd, who in your office underestimated Eddie George's importance in our locker room?
    5- MOST IMPORTANTLY: FLOYD, WHO IS GOING TO LEAD THIS TEAM AND WHEN?
    Unless Jeff and Norm have some magic gameplan, we are already playing for a draft pick next year. At this rate the bonus may be a new coach and general manager.
    On second thought, I may want to wait awhile to replace that antenna ball- possibly when it represents something other than overpaid athletes playing like they are only in it for the money.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Asking the tough questions, eh?

Sorry about your antenna ball.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

A Titan fan lost his ball, kind of ironic...

4. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

so floyd is... a .. um.. carwash?

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Or is he the windshield?
    That's the question.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

During the game last night, 103.3 repeatedly said, "Fisher is going to stay...........Fisher is going to stay...Fisher is going to stay...." They never mentioned Reese, Chow or Swartz. Maybe Fisher is still a great coach, surrounded by a few not-so-good coaches. "How can I sore like an Eagle when I'm surrounded by turkeys" so to speak.
    Tung, I feel your pain about loosing your ball. We are all tore up about it.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fisher is really the only one getting the heat which is why they said Fisher and no one else.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

How do we get to Schwartz' antennae. We've got to cut off all communication with the D.

9. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Reese for a 4th?

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Its in your name PhiSlamma,we need to Jamma his signal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar