Warmack: ‘Some ups, some downs’

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I hate to be Nancy Negative once again, but I just don't see Warmack being anything other than an average NFL guard. Mostly because I think they guy has already reached his ceiling, I just hope he can get his pass blocking squared away. We really need a guard that can pass block when we play Watt or it's gonna be a long years for the Titans.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

mmmm crying about SEC tears.... just what I wanted for lunch.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I could care less about any single player's performance on the offensive line. Sure, he made mistakes, got beat, its his first NFL game, to be expected.

The unit as a whole looked very dangerous, completely different from last season. That's what I was excited to see.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Or how about vs. Geno Atkins, the best DT in the NFL.

5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Anyone who didn't think a rookie was going to make some mistakes in their FIRST PRESEASON GAME is an idiot if you ask me. Every rookie makes mistakes, that's why there's coaches, that's why they practice. He'll fix his technique, learn from this mistakes and improve. He'll get better every game, I'm excited to see what he brings against pit. Also curious to see how he handles a full 4 quarters.

Oh and eating a hot dog in the locker room, damn that made me lol.

6. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Warmack will be a Pro - Bowler this year or next, hes got character as well, glad we
    drafted him.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Dude. This is a great matchup to see happen.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

His pass blocking was fine.

Should we cut Roos he also gave up a sack?

Orakpo and Kerrigan will get sacks against the best linemen in the game.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There was one play where Warmack cut an inside linebacker pursuing a play to the other side. Not an easy block at all for a 320 lb guy to get to the legs of a 240 lb guy on the move and he completely put him on the ground.

Just based on this one game i would say he is already the best player we have had at RG since Benji Olson was in his prime over 10 years ago. Not bad for a player that just signed his rookie contract on July 29th.

After a season of working with Bruce he will be an elite guard and the debate on this board will be which of our 2 starting guards is better.

The 2 posters who are already calling Chance a failure have proven themselves to have very poor analytical skills in the past so why should anybody pay any attention to them.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. TitanWilly

TitanWilly Camp Fodder

I promise all of you fans that Chance Warmack will be a 6-9 time Pro Bowl linemen in the next ten years. A perfect first round draft pick for a true need this team was shopping. Professional Football in the NFL unfortunately has become to much of a power house business and money machine, with too many lawyers and Jerry McGuire's that take time away from a young developing player in their first off season that is so very valuable in their development that gets distracted and taken away with business negotiation revolved around money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar