Warmack gets a “wake-up call” in first game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans guard Chance Warmack learned a lot of things in his NFL debut.

One of them happened fast, like when Steelers safety Troy Polamalu went flying in between him and center Rob Turner on Sunday to get to quarterback Jake Locker just as he snapped the ball.

“To see players like that in real life, it’s a wake-up call,’’ Warmack said. “It just lets you know you are playing against the best of the best.”

Warmack, the team’s 10th overall pick out of Alabama, acknowledged he made some mistakes in his first career game, but the Titans thought he played well overall.

“I think he missed some things with the crowd noise with a couple calls, you know, when we’re adjusting calls at the line of scrimmage, protections. A couple times those things went on,’’ coach Mike Munchak said of Warmack. “But he’s physical. … He’s going to be a special football player we feel. It was a good start for him … but I thought he handled himself pretty well.’’

Warmack and the Titans offensive line will face another big challenge on Sunday in Houston against the Texans, and defensive lineman J.J. Watt.

Watt has two sacks in each of the past two games against the Titans.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak said he’s impressed with Warmack, who’s part of a Tennessee offensive line that also includes new starters in center Rob Turner and left guard Andy Levitre.

“We loved him coming out of college,’’ Kubiak said. “You can see how Mike has his team built physically, to be a physical football team and to me they made a statement from that standpoint last week in the opener. We are very impressed with the young man and we thought a lot of him coming out.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Different OL this year coming at JJ. Hopfully Warmack throwing JJ around can get this kind of reaction out of Bum's son:

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

I hope Warmack owns JJ Watt in this game and gives him and the entire league a "wakeup call". Go Titans!!

4. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Hopefully next time Warmack will catch polamalu in mid air and slam his arse.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Warmack impressed me.

When he got behind Battle and pushed him for the first down.

That was two guys playing smash mouth Titans' football.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He was behind Battle because he got pushed into the backfield.

Just sayin'.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Polamalu cheated on that play.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Fixt

9. trueblue901

trueblue901 Special Teams Standout

he actually pushed the defensive lineman into the ground and was free to block anybody so he pushed him forward.. it was 3rd and 3.. just sayin

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

If I remember he did a decent job of sealing his guy...or was it his guy that made the initial wrap up? now I cant remember

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar