Was Merrill Hodge Right about Vince?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Them T-boyz, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Something is wrong when someone thinks Hoge was right.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I got bad news for you:

Like I said three years ago, college ain't pro. Vince is looking more and more like he can't hang with the big boys.

3. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

We were spoiled with McNair playing with all kinds of pains and injuries, but we also gave McNair a great go-to receiver in Mason. With no real receiver i am still hesitant to give VY a write off, lets prove it by getting in a good receiver and seeing what happens. OR we do the crazy thing and let VY run like he was drafted to do.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hoge NAILED it with Vince. Be as bitter as you want about it, but everyone owes the guy an apology for bashing him while being honest about Vince.

5. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Who's the proven QB? KC?

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

MAybe you can write him off for being a crappy passer instead?

7. Deuce Wayne

Does anyone remember when "he has no receivers" was an excuse for Michael Vick??
    Eventually, people will just understand that Vick's little less talented brother (Vince, not Marcus) can't throw just like Mike.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Gloat, I don't believe I owe Hoge a damn thing. He was spewing this bull crap before Young hit the field. He never gave the guy a chance. You act like Hoge knew something everybody else didn't, but that's not true. He made a guess, and then got absolutely ridiculous telling everybody what he thought. It's my opinion that Hoge was extremely unprofessional about Young from day one.

If you think Hoge has any credibility, just check what he said on tv today. He went from us losing to the Jaguars by 18 to us winning the Super Bowl because Young hurt his knee. Think about that Gloat! The guy is a fence jumper and he has some kind of ridiculous grudge from Vince. Go back and watch all of the things Hoge has said about Young, and honestly try to tell me he is giving an unbiased, professional opinion.

Even if Young never plays another NFL game, I refuse to give any credit to Hoge. His behavior and the ridiculous comments he has made the last three years not only makes him look like a complete idiot, it takes away any credibility ESPN ever had. Its shame that this is the only over-opininuated moron they could find to analyze football.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I just dont get why he takes all the blame, If i saw guys catching balls that hit them in the hands, guys going after balls, guys making plays with the ball in their hands, (exclude CJ), I wouldnt have an honest problem calling VY out, I mean he ahs to do better, but idk

10. Deuce Wayne

I wouldn't call it just a random guess. TONS of us KNEW that Vince would suck in the NFL. It wasn't in question. The only thing that made people think otherwise was this silly little "he's a project" label and the Giants game that Pacman won for us more than anyone else.

Hoge said Vince can't make NFL throws. He was exactly right. We knew this because he wasn't even coachable in college. He couldn't hit a receiver in stride, and he has the mentality of an 8 year old. If you put 2 and 2 together, Vince's future wasn't a hard thing to predict.
    That whole "he just wins" thing wasn't enough to make him good in the NFL. As soon as he lost that mentality, his lack of talent was exposed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar