Washburn Experimenting with DL Positions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans defensive line coach Jim Washburn is using some creativity to help his unit improve from 30th in stopping the run last season. During mini-camp, he had Kyle Vanden Bosch shift switch sides with Antwan Odom. Other times, he had flipped Albert Haynesworth with Randy Starks. “We’re just trying to find where everybody is best suited," Washburn said. "Maybe somebody is a better A gap player than they are a B gap player. We’re just trying to experiment a little bit.” KVB likes the idea of shaking things up a bit. “At times, you can get a little too predictable," KVB said. "I was working on the right and Antwan on the left and some of the ends working at tackle on the passing downs. We’re just trying to take advantage of our abilities and matchups in certain games.”

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i wish we would also be experimenting with a recently signed vet or first day draft pick...oh well....let's all cross our fingers and hope the injury bug doesn't further weaken our DLine...

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

If remember correctly, Odom was a natural at the left side and had to work hard to pick up the right.

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I wish Washburn would experiment with being the defensive coordinator and get rid of the PUTZ we currently have.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why now?

We have been a sub par defense for three straight years. I wouldn't mind washburn as DC but he may be a part of the problem just as much as he is part of the solution.

6. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

lmao! :grrhee:

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Haven't many members (myself included) been suggesting just this...and not just for the DL, but the secondary as well?

Funny how it takes WASHBURN to do this as opposed to our defensive coordinator (the guy supposedly co-ordinating the D).

At least it's a start...

Maybe we need a Secondary coach who can do this too so we won't have to wait for the DC...?

Gut

8. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

Well Griffin is a start to be moving around for us in the secondary Gut...lol

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

maybe we just let the position coaches call the assignments and cut the coordinator out altogether :yes:

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm a little concerned when the defensive scheme becomes a big experiment but it's only an OTA and I don't put squat to anything that happens in it.

Most likely this is just something to keep the vets interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar