Washburn Thinks DL Can Improve Over Last Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

starks=overrated
    Laboy=overrated
    Odom < Kearse

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

for sure one of them is randy starks. i don't know who the other would be, i guess laboy.

the only thing i ever heard about odom was how he could be great if he could stay healthy and be more consistent.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It is awefully hard to be overly critical of Laboy and Odom. Combined they gave us the equivelant of a pro-bowl player at the LDE position with 14 sacks (DeMarcus Ware had 14 sacks). About the only negative with their play was they weren't real stout against the run but if Kearse puts in a similar year statistically people will be yelling that the FREAK is BACK!

Now with Starks I could easily see he wasn't motivated. He had a nice rookie year and instead of getting better he seemed to get worse every year. I'm sure that didn't sit well with Wash.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

He always mentions Barry Booker I'm thinking that guy is atleast a PS guy.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Odom only had a good season because of Haynesworth so I didn't really care that he left.

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I was amazed at how we dominated with the first string, but production would fall immediately as soon as the 2nd tier guys came in. We had absolutely no rotation. You have to wonder if they players were just that bad or if we didnt have the right scheme to fit our personnel. With Vickerson be absolutely huge and Starks so flashed early in his career, I just cant understand the dramatic drop off.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

They were a decent combo, but their production shouldn't be that hard to replace.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Kearse/Jones is better

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I think Jones is going to be mainly inside at DT. He needs to put on some weight and strength but that won't be a problem. Once he does him big Al, Tony Brown, and Antonio Johnson I feel very good about the DT position.

William Hayes is who I want to be teamed with Kearse. I think they guy will be special. Yes William Hayes will be special mark it. I expect to see him brought along slowly though while Fisher and Conover are the rotating DE's. But KVB and Kearse off the edge is exciting. Fisher and Conover aren't slouches either so I think you can expect the same if not better numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar