Washburn To Eagles? (Now confirmed)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 24, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It's simple.

Step 1: Demote Chuck Cecil (back to secondary coach), or fire him.
    Step 2: Make Jim Washburn the DC.

Tah-Dah!!

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

This would not be good. Hopefully Fisher can find a way to get him to stay.

4. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I hope fisher promotes him to be our DC, I don't want him to leave he is to good, if he leaves our defense will be terrible!

5. 3gtitan

3gtitan returning video tapes

We are done if he leaves....plain and simple

6. 24

24 Starter

If I remember correctly, Fisher preferred Washburn over Cecil. Washburn preferred to remain as the DL coach, which makes me wonder what position the Eagles are offering.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Probably :greedy::greedy: position.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If he leaves, we should strongly consider switching to a 3-4 with space eaters on the DL, because we will get nothing out of the "talent" we have

9. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I had no idea that fisher did that, I wish Washburn would have taken it,guess well have to wait and see what happens, I hate the offseason!

10. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

It has to be a promotion for him to be interviewed, right? I don't remember Fish allowing assistants to interview for lateral moves, but if it's for a promotion, he allows it. My guess is it's for the vacated DC spot.

But yeah, do everything in your power to keep him. If he leaves, it should be because it's Wash's decision despite Fish and the FO doing everything in their power to keep him. If it does turn out to be for the Eagles DL coaching spot and he leaves, my mood'll be a mix of confusion, sadness, and pure, unadulterated rage.

EDIT: Scratch that. Seems his contract is up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar