Washington Agrees to Terms

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Did you not read the thread title? "Titans sign Washington".

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lmao

Back on earth...

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think we'll have that much of a difference between a #1 and #2, but I think this gives us better balance on offense, and I think Gage and Washington will clearly be our 1-2, though I'm not sure who will be which. Clearly, Washington thinks that he's our number 1, since that's the main thing he's talking about. If he gets more production than Gage, and Gage still produces close to the same as #2, I'll be perfectly happy.

I'm hoping that we don't draft a WR high so that Hawkins can get some time as #3.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree with you and guitarjunkie. Another threat should give Gage more opportunities. He came on strong the 2nd half, but he was injured the first part and inconsistent. In the end, he had only 34 receptions. That's #3 type production. Brandon Jones produced more catches!

But that was a by-product of teams focusing more on Gage. Look, I don't undervalue Gage at all. I think if no one else came on board and the top 3 guys were Washington, Gage and Hawkins, I think Gage could have 55-70 catches before the season is over. Or I can see Holt or a rookie come in and Gage has about the same 35-40 catches again, if that third person is consistently productive and Washington is as well. It all depends.

Really, with the contract, I got stuck on it because I didn't expect the numbers. I was suprised 50% was paid in year one.

But believe me, if Justin Gage wants to give us more 100-yard performances, I'm all over it. I would love to see Gage get some swagger.

5. partly true, but he was best available for the money we want to spend. so slight upgrade

6. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

In a 2 rec set, there were 9 on the Dline, CB on Gage, S on gage's side, and then JMac, he has himself covered. So yeah, Gage had the heat...:wink2:

7. which left scaife open

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Baloney. Just because we lost a receiver before we signed one doesn't mean it's not an upgrade. We replaced our 3rd guy with a receiver that's better then anyone we had. Replacing our 3 with our potential 1 or 2 and still having our 1 and 2 from last year is an upgrade

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'm thinking Nate Washington is more then a 'slight upgrade' like some of you are suggesting. We now have a deep threat in NW and a possession receiver in Gage. Gage is 6'4 and has pretty good hands, and every highlight you see of Nate is him busting thru the coverage and catching the ball 40 yards downfield. That tandem could open up a lot of things for our offense...I'm really looking forward to the draft now. NW was the perfect signing for our offense imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar