Washington ready to battle Finnegan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans wide receiver Nate Washington had his share of spirited practice confrontations with cornerback Cortland Finnegan when the two were teammates.

So Washington is expecting even more of the same this Sunday, when the Titans take on Finnegan and the St. Louis Rams. Finnegan was listed as questionable for the Rams’ Monday night game against Seattle because of a thigh injury that had kept him out of three straight contests.

“I don’t know what he takes or what he’s got going on on Saturday nights, but he definitely wakes up on Sunday with a lot of energy,” Washington said with a smile. “So there will definitely be a little battle with him because like I say, he’s going to bring it every single play. You definitely have to match his intensity.”

Finnegan, who played for the Titans from 2006-11, is one of numerous Rams with ties to Tennessee.

In addition to head coach Jeff Fisher, the Rams’ coaching staff features four assistants – assistant head coach Dave McGinnis, secondary coach Chuck Cecil, linebackers coach Frank Bush and wide receivers coach Ray Sherman – who used to coach for the Titans. Former Titans players now with the Rams include Finnegan, defensive end William Hayes, tight end Jared Cook and linebacker Will Witherspoon.

“I don’t think I’ve ever played against a team with this many connections before,” Washington said.

Could Fisher, who last coached here in 2010, have any kind of advantage because he knows the strengths and weaknesses of a number of Titans’ players?

“I don’t know. It might (help Fisher),” Washington said. “But we have so many young guys that a lot of them never even played with Fisher. So I don’t know if it will help him that much.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Rams have nothing, not even a starting qb! F*** the rams I hope we embarrass them!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Finnegan has been awful this year. He was always one of my favorite Titans on and off the field, but was grossly overpaid.

I hope we put on a butt kicking to the Fishers.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Shut up pmar

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I hope Wash posterizes Finney by scoring on him and going all "Marshawn Lynch" while going in the end zone.

[​IMG]

6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Guess who I'm starting at WR this week?

SUP BIG NATE.

7. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Finnegan gonna get cut after this year

8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

and we will welcome him back with open arms

9. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

****ttt, I won't.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I effin love Lynch.One of my favorite players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar