We are looking for playmakers.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Slackmaster, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

2. jzcowboy

jzcowboy Guest

As you can tell by looking at my "Join Date" I'm a little new around here.. who the heck is KFC?

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Kerry Collins. Fill in the blank on the "F."

4. jzcowboy

jzcowboy Guest

Would you rather have McNair? I would.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

For a cap hit of $27 mill, no way dude

6. jzcowboy

jzcowboy Guest

Wait a minute!! Who's fault is that?

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Noone. Thats just the price for maintaining a Superbowl/playoff team for several years.

8. jzcowboy

jzcowboy Guest

This won't come out the way I really mean it.. but one superbowl appearance 6 years ago isn't a good enough excuse for paying your QB 27 mill. I'm not an employee of the Titans so I only know what I read during the offseason. But from what I read it doesn't seem like the Titans tried very hard to come to a new agreement with McNair. Comments?

9. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Much of that $27 Megabuck figure is pro-rated signing bonus and such.
    It was a "cap hit" of $27 million.

10. Nine

Nine Starter

The final score may not reflect it, but the Titans actually made a LOT of big plays last week....on both sides of ball.

• Pacman's punt return. Sure, it was called back, but Pac made a play when the team desperately needed it....the sign of a true playmaker.
    • Scaife's TD catch....highlight reel stuff.
    • Drew Bennett's 36-yard reception early in the game....gave the offense a badly needed boost of energy.
    • Ben Troupe's 32 yard catch-and-run to put the Titans in scoring range
    • Cortland Finnegan had a big sack and recovered a fumbled punt.
    • Calvin Lowry forced that fumbled punt, and had a HUGE hit on another punt return...absolutely decked the guy
    • Keith Bulluck's sack and forced fumble against Culpepper

Unfortunately, the team made several big mistakes to offset these big plays, and allowed the Dolphins to make several big plays of their own...together, these eventually cost us the game.

But the silver lining is undeniable....the Titans made their share of big plays, which we haven't seen in a long, long time. All they gotta do is keep that big-play mindset, while finding a way to eliminate the mistakes and prevent opponents from making plays. Easier said than done, I know....but as soon as they find a way to accomplish this, the Titans will be a very dangerous team, indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar