We are not who we're suppose to be

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Can't wait to see Houston have to play a tough team and get their asses kicked. Weakest division in the NFL

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

But it's only Preseason? None of you guys care to look at the glaringly obvious signs during preseason and then are so shocked and dumbfounded when the inevitable occurs.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

1. Yes, we are rebuilding. We were attempting to do that before but our QB turned out to be a mangina (VY). Now, we are rid of Fisher, and VY. This is our 2nd season without fisher. Teams cant always turn around in a year. Yes it happens, but we need more talent.

2. The expectations some of you had were unrealistic. A lot of people fell victim to homerism this off season. Heres why

Dline:

a. Morgan will be a beast, he came on strong last season (no facts, just hopes)
    b. Wimbley will also help improve our pass rush (no facts, just hopes)

We had one of the worst pass rushes in the league last season, stuff like that isnt always turned around in a season.

Linebackers:

With a healthy CM, I feel our LBs would still be good, other than expecting spoon to cover TE's

Secondary:

Griffin... enough said. Babs/Rojo making things better.... huh? We lose Finny, which I am fine with because I would not have paid him either, so we rely on the other corners stepping up.

What, about any of that, makes anyone feel like we are going to be a "good" defense going into this season. Beyond that, what gave anyone the impression that we would be able to stop high powered offenses like the Pats, Chargers, and Texans? It was all baseless and wishful thinking. Homerism

Also... consider... our defense didnt do horrible against the Texans offense. The fact that we were competitive going into the half, shows they are improving.

As for the offense, yes I expected to see a lot more. The running game finally saw light last week, but you are not going to go anywhere when your running game is averaging less than 2 ypc. Without a run game, its hard to sustain drives. Locker is not ready to put this team on his shoulders and carry them through a season. Give him time.

So although I really mean no disrespect to anyone, but whining and crying week in and week out isnt nearly as productive as actually looking at, and evaluating our team, and seeing what we are. You can point the fingers at the DC, the OC, the players, the refs... or whatever you want to. Anyone expecting us to come out of the first 6 games with more than 2 wins, were kidding themselves and are just now realizing it. We are not an elite playoff team, yet. Wait until week 7, where we play teams along our talent level. If we get blown out by them, then I will be right here whining and saying fire everyone. Until then, see it for what it is. We had a light schedule last season, and a tough one this season.

The team will get better.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't know what to expect from TN for the rest of the season other than typical futility - but I have a feeling that we will see a lot of currently under-performing and over-performing teams switching their ways by the end of the season.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

One thing is for sure, Michael Griffin is terrible and was not deserving of that fat contract and can continue to have his Pro-Bowl royalties made out to Albert Haynesworth.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Alzarius

Worst move... ever

The guy is horrible.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Any chance he gets cut at the end of this season? I wish...

and to be real I think CJ is gone after this year

8. Alzarius

Id cut CJ if it would save the money to get someone else, regardless of his stats at the end of the season. The last game showed how much he has lost.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

If we cut CJ and Griffin, we could really upgrade our DLine and Oline and have a serviceable RB in there get us avg yards. I would rather play out the rest of the year with RoJo at FS and Babs at SS, to at least see what we have in RoJo. We know Babs is solid. I'm over Griffin.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

We are terrible on the interior. Teams can run on us, and we can't run on them or protect the passer. Until this is fixed, we will suck. Regardless of how many first round picks we blow on "playmakers" or "weapons".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar