We are really missing hall!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

We have been missing Hall for a couple of years now. Those who are saying Hall is one of the better fullbacks in the league are probably thinking of the 2007-2008 version. He wasn't that good in 2009-2010. Hall hasn't been a good blocker for the last two years and he's always had ball security issues. Everytime the ball was passed to Hall, my immediate thoughts were always "Oh my God, no. Here comes another fumble."

2. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Sproles is good but he doesn't even have 60 yards rushing this year. He is doing better as a wr/returner for the Saints than a RB. More than half of his yards are from one run.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's not my stand at all. I said as much earlier in the thread. I'm just sick and tired of the excuses for CJ. He's just as big of a part of the problem as anyone/anything else. And HE'S the one who didn't start practicing with the team until a week before the opener. Therefore he bears the most responsibility in my mind.

Hopefully he gets back on track ASAP. If Hasselbeck can keep playing at an elite level without Britt then defenses are going to have no choice but to make stopping the pass the #1 priority when playing the Titans. Then it will be put up or shut up time for CJ and his apologists. Although I don't really see how better blocking and less attention from the defense is going to do much to help CJ's vision, decision making, speed, etc.

Sure he'll put up better numbers (really only one direction he can go right now) but I don't think we're going to see him putting himself back into the discussion of best back in the NFL anytime soon. CJ was the fastest player in the league at one time. And he also had arguably the best o-line in the league during that same time. He now is/has neither of those things and is being exposed.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

So CJ dropped a pass? WTF does that mean? He also made a hell of a catch for RB on a screen (or wheel) route- i can't remember. Quit bashing CJ. He isn't producing like he should be but neither is our O-line. Let's hope some film study today will get everybody straight on what needs to be done to fix it.

5. pobo90

pobo90 LP Field Custodian

I like Quinn Johnson. His bruising shoulder lean after a short yardage catch always sets us up for an easy conversion.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I will continue to bash CJ until he gets rid of his putrid dreads (those things look horrible, they've gotten worse every year he has been here...I know you can't wash them, but damn you can taken better care of them than he obviously is) OR he makes me forget about these past three games.

And I will continue to bash the O-line until they get their sh*t straight with run blocking.

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No, he dropped 2 of 4 passes thrown to him, both of which were right in his hands, and could have resulted in big yards/6 points. I understand the run blocking issues with the O line, but being able to catch the ball and get yards in space is very important IMO in helping to open up the running game as well. He sold himself as an "elite playmaker", that should include being able to catch the ball in space as well.

He has had a month to get up to game speed...time to produce when he has the opportunity. No more excuses (although, as I said before, I recognize that we have issues with the interior O line as well).

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

yes- he had TWO drops. There have been MANY games where RB's have had two drops. Still it is just one game. He also made a helluva catch on a wheel route. One game. No big deal move on. I didn't see Ringer lighting it up yesterday so it indicates to me the issues are deeper than just CJ missing camp.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I don't think it was a wheel route...I could be wrong, but I thought we was lined up out wide on that play.

And I agree...the issue is looking more and more like the O-line can't run block..it looks pretty pathetic.

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Oh I am moving on...and want him to succeed, BUT I will not put blinders on with what has been happening. Week 1 I chalked up to lack of practice time...no biggie except for the fact that he was voluntarily missing practice. Week 2 was the Ravens...again, I let it slide. But yesterday with the Broncos (not exactly a defensive juggernaut), AND the issue that was not related to the O line (two drops costing us points in a very close game), I could not just blow it off again. Honestly, what I saw that really ticked me off was a lack of effort on the one handed attempt.

That said, I am done with my rant on this. I look forward to seeing how the coaching staff addresses the blocking issues, and how CJ responds on the road (may be good for him to get out of Nashville for a couple of weeks).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar