We are still minor league

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VolnTitan, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Why should the national media respect the Titans when the local hacks don't respect them.

Write folks, write.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Not quite good enough to be a cage-liner but just good enough to wrap Uncle Ray Don's new Dale Jarrett Bobble-head.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It's a good rag to use for cleaning glass. Squirt some windex, and the printers ink gives the windows a good shine and leaves no streaks.

4. titanmeister

titanmeister North End Zone Rules

Newspapers

Newspapers are in major trouble. We have sit back and allowed Congress to be bought off and pass laws that give people like Rupert Murdoch the ability to buy multi media outlets and the result is fewer owners owning more papers. They then downsize the staffs and cut budgets to maximize profits and the result is watered down and homogenized news. We have no investigative reporting today to speak of. CNN has become a total joke. Fox always was. Hell if we had real journalistic integrity today maybe we would not be in that quagmire called Iraq right now....But I digress. You factor in the internet, where so many get their news now from media outlets and blogs and what you end up is lousy newspapers that are becoming more and more irrelevant every day. As they get worse the circulations go down and with it their budgets.

But geez how much can it cost to send a guy to Canton, Ohio? It's not like it's Manhattan. I agree that this is embarrassing and disrespectful.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Just a quick question:
    How many here actually subscribe to the Tennessean?

I used to only get the Sunday edition and haven't done that for the last six years. I don't have the time or patience to spend two hours flipping through a Sunday paper. I can't remember the last time I watched the local news for a full hour. The net has changed everything including my attention span for such things. I get the headlines quickly and then go to the content I want to know more about online.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I have a full subscription because it has become a habit. If I don't read the paper, I feel like I am missing something, especially the Sunday paper.

But after this debacle, I am rethinking whether or not I need the paper anymore.

7. TitanJeff

Your dog goes outside, right? ;)

8. jcbeerbarian

jcbeerbarian Guest

The Tennessean is one of the worst papers in the country and their sports writers suck, especially Kuharsky. He gets his insight from the towel boys.

9. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

John McClain went to Canton earlier this week. The Wake-Up Zone's coverage this morning was great -- interviews with Matthews, Warren Moon, Eddie George, Benji Olson, even the curator of the Hall of Fame.

McClain was also on the Zone this morning and mentioned his 7-part video of a one-on-one with Matthews. Six of the parts are up now if you want to view them: Houston Chronicle videos.

10. TitanJeff

As nutty as McClain can be, I'd love for him to be a beat writer for the Tennessean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar