we could get a preimer WR in 07s draft....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

What about CJ, Bongo? I mean...bit rough to see him as avergage, don't you think? Of course, I only see what's on the television and highlight reels...you probably get to see and hear more than we do. But, who would you like to see or suggest rather the Titans grab, say, in round two or three at the WR position?

2. well do u think jarret will be a dominate receiver in the nfl?

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Rice is not a speed burner ala Williamson. he is more in the Carl Pickens mold. 6'4" and goes up strong in a crowd and usually comes out with the ball.

4. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

CJ has the national juice..............I am not completely sold on him long term...............I think other WR will be better than him in the NFL game..............CJ is a talent.............but top three WR rarely do much

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

this thread is great because it is a microcosm of why folks dont get it...........this team does not need what everyone thinks it needs........people look at VY and say he needs help...............well the help he needs is a defense to get HIM the ball more. He needs stops.

He is our playmaker.............we want him touching and throwing the ball...............He does not need stud WR's. If stud WR win how come the Colts have no SB berths lately? How come th ePats give their up and take SD and Hou castoffs and still win? Why is not AZ and Det or the Texans in the playoffs...............? Anyone care to answer why TO and Glenn did not make the Cowboys elite? Would they be nice to have? Sure, Absolutely, but when your D is putrid you dont go drafting Reggie Wayne types in the first round when you have huge needs on D.

People here were *****ing all last offseason and early this season that we had no "identity" as a team. We had no leadership. Well, VY won the OROY because that is precisely what he has brought to the table. This team is a running team that will keep the game close and try to minimize mistakes. Our biggest asset is the new OL. VY needs the ball...........he benches other teams O's and he tires out their D so our RB can steam roll them and our OL can beat the snot out of them............It is built for a mauling type of run game. Funny teams that run it tend to win and their D's play better because they are fresh.............Think the 2005 Steelers...............well we have no juice on the DL at all outside of KVB.........................if you allocate the top three picks to the front 7 on D and I guarrantee this team is expontentially better than if we draft two WR's and a TE or RB...........This team will not become elite in one offseason even though it has cap room no matter who we get to any spot..................not even matching that with a great draft................we have too many holes................the Miami dolphins 3 WR cost 14 mil in cap...........Pats three cost 2.84 mil..............who is better?

Moreover, the biggest improvements are likely to come from guys who are already TN Titans..............guys who are second and third yr players................VY won with garbage last yr.............the garbage is gonna better next yr just by them playing with him last yr.............they know what he brings................he elevates the garbage.............Pippen was always better with MJ than he was by himself while MJ wore number 45 as a White Sox turd.............................our garbage will be as well

Everytime you think WR is a major need remember this post................WE NEED DEFENSE TO MAKE US ELITE...........IF WR's are so important than the Lions Cards and Texans should be solid...............funny how the Pats give theirs away all the time and they pick up throw away WR's and keep an ancient Troy Brown around who still makes plays................................the most complete roster in the league LOST this week to a team who was more well rounded and knew there was ways to win without having the best roster(SD).................Many SB teams dont have the best roster.............See the 2005 Steelers or the 2000 Ravens..............or the 2001 Pats...............or the 99 RAMS.....................

Collectively we are better this offseason than last...................because of VY. But to become a winning team we need to heal what is really wrong with us.............we cant stop anyone consistently unless we get breaks................its gonna be hard to win................VY showed us we can win other ways.............but we wont do it without a D...................

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Nice post.

7. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

VY + Solid D = Superbowl

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

not really, football is the ultimate team game- it'll take more than VY on offense to win a SB, and it'll also take more than a solid D...

9. bongo u really just changed how i thought about our team, but i have been pro reggie nelson the entire time since i saw a highlight vid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar