We feel your pain, Minnesota

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nate42104, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Watching the Vikings play reminds me so much of the Titans last year. The defense plays so well, so long. The Vikings move the ball well in the running game...and all of a sudden a couple huge mistakes from the 'mobile', 'playmaking' QB that can't read defenses or throw an accurate ball consistently makes the other 21 guys on the fields play meaningless. And the defense finally wears down after so many 3-and-outs by it's offense.

The fans boo the offense repeatedly, while some hopefuls want Tarvaris Jackson to 'turn it around' and 'show the enormous amount of potential' he has.

Both teams had enough talent to make the playoffs, but both teams lacked the QB play it takes to do any damage vs quality opponents in a meaningful game.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I was just thinking the same thing. Too bad Kerry Collins is a much better QB than Gus Ferotte. Vikings need to go hard after a good QB next year.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

let's keep in mind that these "mobile" have someone pulling their strings
    you can't ask a guy to do more than what his capabilities allow

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

In a league where every successful QB is a pocket passer with very little if any mobility advantages, why do teams continue to rest their entire franchise hopes on a single player that has the ability to hold the entire team down?

I guess I just don't get how Minnesota would have such a great other 21 players on the field, but the one that touches the ball the most and can with 1 play destroy an entire game continues to be asked to do stuff he has never had the ability to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar