We had quite a day!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by moose4now, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

While most of us were paying attention to the Titans and their win over the Texans, if you look at the big picture, we had a very good day. Other than the Titans win we as Titans fans also received losses by Conference Rivals Cincinnati to the Giants. The New England patriots lost to the Miami Dolphins (both AFC teams, but better for us if NE loses). Philadelphia beat AFC Rival Pittsburgh. And, of course the big one, Jax took down Indy to give us a two game lead in the AFC South.

The only AFC teams (other than us) Buffalo (beat Oakland on a last second FG), Baltimore beat Cleveland (that should finish off Cleveland) and Denver (whose defense was exposed by New Orleans).

And, to top things off, the team that plays us next week (Minnesota), got their first win today. So, we don't have to worry about playing a team that is "hungry" for their first win.

All in all, we had a pretty good day.

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Vikings will be tough no matter how you look at it. Will be our toughest opponent yet.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

If we can stop the run we'll be fine.

Because I'm not sure they have much of a passing game.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I was disappointed that the Raiders let the Bills back into the game and that the Saints couldn't beat the Broncos but it's still nice to be undefeated. But we were so close to being the only undefeated AFC team (that's 3-0). Oh well, maybe next week.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The final for that game may be 9-6.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'm worried about the Vikings game.

1) They have a GREAT rushing attack with NFL's golden boy running back, Adrian Peterson and the always solid Chester Taylor.

2) Gus didn't look too shabby against Carolina. Don't count the passing game out quite yet.

3) Their defense is great. Collins will have to be on his toes the entire game. Our recievers need to step up because i'm sure that the Vikings' agenda will be simple: STOP THE RUN.

I have ALL the confidence in the entire world in this team and I think that we will be fine, however, this is WITHOUT A DOUBT the toughest team we've played so far this year. I'll be there, 50 yard line about 7 rows up, cheering my UNDEFEATED TITANS on!

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

And that's being generous.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Finnegan is going to have a field day against the Vikings QB.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I just want us to cut down on those dumb penalties that gave Houston better field position than they should have had.

We can't afford to take those against a team that has a RB like AP. He'll turn a short field into short drives if your not careful.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Denver beat New Orleans by a botched field goal and Buffalo came back on Oakland to win by 1, the close ones killed us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar