We have about 5 million in Cap Room

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 7
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

If we cut him soon is it safe to say that we're doing it to free up some cash to go after Dumervil? I know we'd only save like 1.9 mil but every bit counts.

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Isn't dumervil gonna want like 7+ mill a year? That basically guarantees that CJ and Griffin are gone after next year then unless either has a pro bowl worthy year. We're gonna have negative cap space next off season.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Dumervil ain't worth 8 mil/yr.

5. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I'd rather offer Winfield 2 million for 1 year.

6. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

would be best off-season ever. it also shows we will go OLine early still in the draft. both of these things are muy bueno.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Check my Sig.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We only save $1.9M in cap space by cutting Amano but if they don't think he is going to start at center or right guard why pay $3.6M in salary for a backup?

They have until the last cut to get rid of him so they have the opportunity to bring him in camp and see how he plays.

Dumervil is too rich for us right now and we are already paying Wimbley big money so stop dreaming on that one.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

So, i'm on Spring Break in Cancun... found a Starbucks for some coffee and wi-fi and DAYUM my Titans actually did some moves!

I still want us to pickup Brad Jones. He's only 26 and can play all 3 LB positions. Have we resigned 'Spoon? Our LB depth would be set with:

OLB: Ayers, Brown, Spoon, and Fokou
    ILB: McCarthy, Jones, and Shaw

Resign Spoon for a small 2year/vet min deal. Unlikely he'll get more elsewhere. Brad Jones on a 3year/5mil deal.

Still gives us about ~4mil to spend, use it on a CB:

Chris Gamble, DeAngelo Hall, Antoine Winfield, Brent Grimes, Nnamdi Asomugha, Quentin Jammer, or Rashean Mathis

Sign one of those FA vet CBs and we'll be set, 2 year contract for them... then draft like:

1st: DE or OG (Ansah, Werner, Cooper, or Warmack)
    2nd: DE or OG
    3rd-7th: BPA

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

1. GTFO this board and go enjoy spring break
    2. In case not then here you go:
    I'm assuming you've caught up on all of our signings but Jones is still here in Nashville today, Pollard visited yesterday, and apparently we were the final team in for Welker and Keenan Lewis. I guess that DE from Oakland as well. Spoon hasn't be re-signed yet but starting to wonder if we do that or just take a late round pick if we do sign Jones. Spoon would be our 6th LB, wonder what his contract would be like. Washington is probably going to be cut/traded soon so we're going to need a slot WR either in FA or the draft, Gibson went to Miami. A lot of people starting to question OG in 1st since both Cooper and Warmack play LG as well but I'm not sure how big of an adjustment that would be. Right now RG, CB, DE, and WR are our biggest needs. Also apparently we'll be releasing Amano soon.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar