We Have The Talent

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Vince Young
    Chris Johnson
    Kenny Britt
    Michael Roos
    David Stewart
    Jason Jones
    Stephen Tulloch
    Cortland Finnegan
    Michael Griffin

In my opinion, this is the core talent of the team. There are a lot of other good players on the team (rest of OL, Washington, Hope, etc.) but these guys decide the game. Just looking at it...

- Good QB, dual threat, can make plays and win games
    - Best RB in the NFL
    - Size, speed, makes the big catches
    - Pair of great tackles
    - Leads the DL, big time player
    - Best LB on team, all over the field
    - Finnegan doesn't give up the big plays, great CB
    - Griffin is back, ball hawk

What's the problem? They're not being used right. The coaching staff needs to realize they have too much talent on this team to go 8-8. Give the ball to VY more, create some creativity with CJ, start Britt over Gage.

We all pretty much know McCourty is going to be starter again even though Verner showed that he can be a great CB. Hell, even the CBS guys gave a Titan some love and he's just a rookie. Overall we have an excellent defense who couldn't carry the game because our offense and Fisher kept putting them in a bad spot.

This isn't a (fire Fisher thread), okay maybe but we have too much talent to fail. The Texans are overrated, the Colts have the same records as us, and looks like a lot of teams will be in the hunt for the wild card. Fisher has to get his head out of his butt and realize this might be the best chance for us to go deep into the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Do we really have the talent? I don't see it. I see a 9-7 squad out there that has the ability to win a game just as easily as they could lose it.

We're young/breaking in new starters at 8 spots(counting Mariani), those things take time.

I agree that the core players are there, but the guys around them haven't caught up yet.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

It's Miller Time!

Anyone? Anyone..?

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

we dont have the personnel

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You also forgot to mention Jared Cook in the talent pool. But i do agree that we do have alot of potential to be reckoned with.

I sure do wish Mike Tomlin was our HC. At least he knows how to get full potential out of his talent.

6. The Playmaker

I agree with you but I just think when you have a lot of weapons on offense and a very good defense we should be winning more games. As for the other guys they really need to step up, especially Hope. Washington is a deep threat, Gage is decent, Ringer will get more carries, McRath comes back, and Witherspoon has played well.

YES!

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We are a quarter of the way through the season, and Fisher never coaches well in September. Don't think we're done, it's not panic time. Fisher only has so many tricks he knows to use, he saves them for later. As for the Texans being overrated, you're absolutely correct. They'll crash and burn come mid-November. The Colts are playing as half @$$ as us. There are a handful of wildcard teams playing sub par. We should be okay.

8. The Playmaker

Yeah I thought about putting him there I just want to see a little bit more production but I was pumped when we drafted him and he's looked good so far.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mike Tomlin is Jeff Fisher ten years ago. But hey, we were worth something ten years ago, so let's break some rules and call his agent. I bet that would get Fisher going.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If our HC had a creative bone in his body we would be a much more dangerous team. Period.

It makes me sick to imagine what a coach who doesn't think it's 1972 would be doing with this kind of unique offensive talent.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar