We just witnessed the problem- again.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This team relies strictly on individual talent to win ballgames and bail our coach out. Jeff Fisher can see that his team has the ability to score 30 points a quarter- but if they do, he'll try his best to make sure they don't score any points in the last 3.
    He never learns. Over and over he sees his conservative- lay-off, play to not lose, conservative, passive style bite his team in the back- yet he never strays from it unless it's vs a team like the Rams or Lions.

And when he isn't conservative- it's the dumbest possible time to NOT be conservative. We get the ball with a minute and some change- and we want Vince to throw the ball 3 times in a row? None being to Chris Johnson, of course- because that actually has a chance of going for good yards.

And how many times do we have to see the slowest/fattest guys on our team being our answer for 3rd and long? Because eventually- you have to know that throwing a 5 yard pass to a guy that takes 10 minutes to set his feet and run upfield... isn't going to get you 8 yards. Bo Scaife shouldn't even be IN the game on 3rd and 8, unless it's to block.

Fisher is clueless. He challenged a 3-4 defense today by running the ball right up the middle all game for crappy gains. Everyone in the stadium knows you run outside- even Lendale could have had 120 yards going to the edges... but of course, Fisher ALWAYS makes teams look as successful as they've ever been.
    Pressure working? Well- why would you blitz anyway?

Oh. And Michael Griffin is a little girl. Still.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

60-70% of our running plays are straight up the gut. It doesn't matter what defence we play.

CJ does it all on his own,the plays tha they call for him are pathetic most of the time.

Harper was terrible,KVB is now a weak link who gets too many plays.

Yet our D was holding the Phins.As usual our version of the prevent automatically lets oppnents score and get back in the game.Chite.

Fisher is the new Norv Turner.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

QFT

I'm still meandering toward the to hell with Jeff Fisher bandwagon. I love what he does in getting the players prepared, but I'm tired of the same old song when it comes to coaching strategy and personnel decisions. If it weren't for Washburn and Heimerdinger, I would have been on that bandwagon for some time now. I'm now prepared to see an onslaught of losing seasons in hopes that we end up with a coach that has the cajones. Maybe promote within?

4. TitansWillWin1

TitansWillWin1 Camp Fodder

why are you still on this board?? You obviously have something against fisher and cant stand him and pray something bad happens so that you can call him out! The only dumb thing he did today was not call the timeouts but judging how bad our d was on the last few stands i dont blame him. Please do us all a favor and take your vince young hate and titans negativity somewhere else! We won for goodness sake!!!! Do you remember how everyone was here complaining in the beginning of the season sayin all i want is a win? Now were complaining after we do win! Yall are ridiculous!

5. TitansWillWin1

TitansWillWin1 Camp Fodder

And what a stupid title thread "the problem"!!! We won for crying out loud! we were once 0-6 and now were 7-7 arguably the best turn around in NFL history and yet you wanna bash jeff fisher!!!

6. Deuce Wayne

Yeah, true @ the running plays. Which further demonstrates that Fisher never really schemes to take advantage of defenses. He just does what he always does...every game. And hopes for the best.

"We're working on some creative ways to get Chris Johnson involved" - Fisher the last 2 pre-seasons.

lmao... riiiiight. A screen pass isn't very creative. Especially when you run them to Alge Crumpler all the time.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Bud made a change at 0-6. That change got us to 7-7 in spite of Fisher.

Your happy with how we won today? It was like winning the Indy 500 on 3 cylinders because all the other cars broke down.

We're 7-7 but we ought to be 12-2. We're not because your hero decided to try out a new DC who had no previous DC experience. It took your hero 11 games to find a punt returner.

We're a joke.

8. Deuce Wayne

Oh yeah!!!! WE WON!!! WHOOOOO!!!!! NEVERMIND THE BRAINDEAD DECISIONS THAT MADE IT CLOSE!! WE WON!!

WHOOOOOOO TITANS!! OH YEAHH!!!! PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!!!....

Oh. That's right. We're 7-7. We're not making the playoffs, and if we're coached the same way next week- we'll get blown out by the Chargers.

Forgive me if I'm thinking there may be a reason that we're the definition of mediocre, and look for THE PROBLEM that got us here.

I'm SOOOO HAPPY!

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Actually....Fisher did several stupid things as HC today...

1. He let Harper start.
    2. He did not work Jared Cook into the lineup enough
    3. He did not use the time outs when we had the Dolphins pinned at the 2 with about a minute to go.
    4. He let Harper start.

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

It really is like Reinfeldt feeds good players into the team, Fisher somehow hires mostly good coaches that have those players prepared, and then Fisher just tries to screw everything up with his personnel decisions and poor game strategies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar