We just witnessed the problem- again.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin1

TitansWillWin1 Camp Fodder

Hey dude yeah were better then .500 but you gotta look at where we started off with collins!!!!!! Technically i say we are a 7-1 ball team. and btw in case you havent noticed we are leaning are the arm of vince and legs of CJ!

2. TitansWillWin1

TitansWillWin1 Camp Fodder

What do you guys not get??? Yall keep sayin we shouldnt be happy cause were .500, but heres the truth we started 0-6! NO other team has ever done what we have done! I look at our seasons first game as vinces first start against the jags! were a 7-1 ball team, we just started the season to late!

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

We all get what you are saying. But for a lot of people being .500 right now does not excuse the pathetic 0-6 start. Sure our turnaround has been pretty amazing but the fact remains that the first six weeks were a complete disaster. We should've never been in such a big hole to begin with. That's why people are upset and complaining.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I was ok with not using the timeouts at the end of the game. I think we escaped into OT. They had all the momentum and enough time to get into FG range. Looking back on it, had we known the Miami Fish would go soft, thinking the same thing as we were, yeah, sure, use the timeouts. But I think they were moving the ball on us and so I was ok with that decision at the time. Reset, and play in OT. Hope for the best.

What I was more dissapointed in was the conservative 3rd down playcalling. I think we threw to the TE short of the marker three times in a row. Are we smarter than a 5th grader? Drive the routes beyond the marker at least.

As for squandering the lead, we were down 3 key players. Not just players, but three skill positions. So I could see why momentum changed a bit. It was dissapointing to see the team collapse, but, Miami has made other teams look stupid at times, and they probably deserved more the 9 points at the time anyway.

Was I dissapointed in Fisher. A bit. But we played a great three quarters. So I could live with the outcome. It wasn't his best day, but we pulled it out.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

No, we're not. We wouldn't have fared too much better at all those first six games with our defense and special teams issues. Vince would have helped, we'd probably be a lot better off in the playoff hunt right now, but we're not a 7-1 team. We're a 7-7 team and it is glaringly obvious sometimes

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

What do you not get? We went 13-3 with a terrible QB, lost our first playoff game with home field advantage, lost our first 6 games this season, and our coach hasn't batted an eyelash. He was forced to change our QB to the first round pick that was riding pine. Yeah, it's a great turn around. But all I see is a team that underachieved for over 1/3 of the season. Whose fault is that?

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Would you be thrilled to be the first person to escape a motorcycle accident at the speed of 200mph?

Sure, it'd be great that you were alive- but you'd still be far too F'd up to really enjoy it.

Well. That's us. You'd hate yourself for doing it, just as Fisher's taking heat for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar