We need 2 CBs in FA...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We all know that we have to remake our secondary this offseason. We are all talking about taking a CB in the 1st rnd, but do we really need to do that. Does Lebeau's defense require a shutdown CB???

How will the deep draft at CB affect the FA CB market??? Teams might stay away from mid range guys because they know they can get one in the draft.

Maybe we can pick up 2 CBs in FA a top flight guy like Gilmore/Kirkpatrick and then maybe a lower priced guy like Bouye or Marcus Cooper. This helps get us to BPA...we would not feel obligated to draft a CB in the 1st rnd. We could wait and use the depth of the CB class to pick up a solid guy in the 3rd rnd or 2nd if we work a trade down in the 1st.

If we fix the CB position in FA then we can nail down the middle of the field with some young stud players from the draft. IMO their are 3 solid safeties and 3 solid 3down ILBers in this draft. We all know that 3 ILBers won't go off the board by #18 and that most likely 3 safeties won't either. I'd be very happy with any combination of Hooker, Adams, Peppers at safety and Foster, Cunningham, McMillan at ILBer.

We need to improve the speed and quality of the defense in the middle of the field...allow them to play sideline to sideline behind our solid DL.

At CB let Mccourty play out his contract unless he is obviously beaten out by one of the younger guys. You would think he would be motivated to earn another contract.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. netnut

netnut Starter

One Cb draft 1 n
    fee agency
    BPlayer at 18

• Unreadable Unreadable x 3
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 2
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Kirkpatrick=Bama Bust.

4. 305phonzo

305phonzo Starter

Which two do you think? I was thinking 1 in free agency and 1 in draft

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Going after FA CBs hasnt really worked ... Mccain, Cox, Blake.

And what's this nonsense about lebeau not needing a good corner. Our D got trashed by terrible QBs all season long.

Draft me a top CB please

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I almost think that the dominant safety is more important than the corner. See eric berry and look at how the injury to earl thomas has hurt the seahawks. I just think adams or hooker may have a bigger impact on our defense than the corner. We need to still draft 2 corners and sign 2

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My first priority would be Eric Berry, but I don't see him leaving KC. If there's any opportunity, I'm going hard after him. Once Berry is gone my next 3 targets are Stephon Gilmore, Trumaine Johnson, or A.J. Bouye. Tony Jefferson interest me as well. There's a ton of secondary talent out there: D.J. Swearinger, Jonathan Cyprien, Morris Claiborne, Logan Ryan, or Prince Amukamara.

We have cap space, if J'Rob can work his magic and grab 2 of the Top-10 secondary FAs, it'll open up of draft board dramatically. Just imagine:

-Stephon Gilmore & Tony Jefferson in FA (who are just 26 & 24).
    -Rework JMacs deal. He's not a liability yet, we have flexibility in cap space to keep him.
    -Mike Williams at #5. Zach Cunningham at #19? Then pickup a CB in the 3rd.

We'd have a rebuilt secondary, shiny new weapon for MM8, and a 3 down ILB.

#7 xpmar9x, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    • High Five High Five x 3
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We'll need more than 2 after Mccourty is cut

Gonna be some sad stuff when McCain and Sims are penciled as our 1 & 2 by default here in a couple months

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. ceeder

ceeder Starter

Why so doom and gloom? Do you really think JRob would ignore the DBs and not improve our quality at the positions?

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I am in complete agreement that we need to do our damnedest to address our weak@$$ secondary. Cut em all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar