We need 2 CBs in FA...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

But like he said, the passes were getting to the WRs, they were broken up or intercepted, not sure that matters much who was throwing them. If they were under thrown or thrown to the wrong spot that's a different story. I think the Houston secondary was playing with a chip on their shoulder regardless of who was at QB.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.chron...aiders-10842744.php?client=ms-android-bell-ca

Bouye would be a decent signing

2. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

I wasn't saying he's a bad corner. It just would have been more impressive if he had those stats against a real QB.

3. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

I'm trying to decode this message:

-Draft one CB
    -Sign one in Free Agency
    -Draft a black player at #18

???

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. kenny

kenny Starter

One thing is for sure.....The QB they face in the next round will be better. I do not expect another shut out. However, it will be interesting to see how he fairs against a better QB.

The fact that he did this against Cook is good. He should. However, he was really competing against Cooper; not Cook. No matter who the QB is; if the ball gets there it is on the WR to get it. Cooper has been an impressive WR since coming into the league.

Everyone knows a great QB can make a WR's job easier. So, going into the next round against a better QB & good WRs will tell us more about who he is as a CB. However, anyone can have a bad game; and he has had a good year.

I will be interested to see how he does next round. He should be very motivated headed into FA. He is going to get paid this off season that is for sure. IF he puts up another big game in the next round; I would say that number only increases.

5. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Weren't they talking about moving McCourty to Safety?

6. kenny

kenny Starter

Media was talking about it. Mularkey never acknowledged that being a thought of the team. Mularkey said, he saw McCourty as a CB & that's where he would be playing.

That was early last year. I believe it was PK who asked Mularkey about it. He brought up his brother making a successful transition to safety.

7. kenny

kenny Starter

He will be going against Brady next week. It will be interesting to see how he plays in that game for sure!!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

What we need are smart DB's with attitude! We need swagger on our Defense. We Have Cassey and Morgan, good solid players but we need players that bring what Blain Bishop brought to our team.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't see us keeping McCourty. Ostensibly, if you are signing one free agent to start and drafting another high, is McCourty gonna play Nickel?

Hopefully we learn not to sign older cb's to long contracts and watch them decline. Gilmore and Kirkpatrick had down years and were much better in 2015. Bouye has come out of nowhere so not sure what you're getting. He also plays on the best D in the league so he gets a lot of help from the pass rush.

Ironically you are suggesting we sign fa's at cb where there are no 'studs' guaranteed to be studs in 2017, so we can draft middle of the D players....but there ARE legit stud middle of the field fa's. Wouldn't it be best to target them?

Sign Eric Berry and Jamie Collins and we can forget about S and ILB for a while (perhaps) and draft some high end cb's. I'm not against signing a big time cb, I just don't see one that I am confident will be big time in 2017...and getting paid a premium for it.

Trumaine Johnson had an excellent 2015, but a rougher 2016. As mentioned before, Kirkpatrick and Gilmore also had better 2015's and down 2016. Do you want to break the bank for that?

And I'm not sure Cunningham is really a 3 down LB. I don't think I've even seen him play man coverage yet. I expect him to be athletic but those aren't the same things. I think part of what is bumping up Foster is the perception that he can be an effective LB in coverage on all downs and always seems to be around the ball. On the other hand, he doesn't need to cover for long as his team has the best pass rush in college!

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Often, on the good teams like Alabama, it is harder to judge if player x' s abilities contributes more to players y's success or vice versa. Crap shoot. We just need to shoot the most educated crap we can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar