We need a #1

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GrayGhost1951, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I actually agree with this. It is no doubt Mariota was struggling at the beginning of the season. I personally chalk that up to him being in a new offensive system. However, speed is still a need at the WR position. We need a talent that is capable of threatening the back end of defenses to help open up the field more when teams bear down on the run. The two teams with better running games than us in the league are the Cowboys and Bills. I think that's partially because of their WRs.

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

KW sucks my ballz....He needs to go....We definitely need a guy that Defenses have to plan for...A double cover kind of guy....NOBODY is worried about that against us....Including Matthews, even though he is balling out.

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I would also argue we need to find a way to get pressure more as well with the front 7...They have had good moments, but there are times when they get steam rolled and just simply go MIA. Barkley put up 316 on us....Just think about that.....

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

I was fine with what we had, but of late, KW has just tanked. We found Sharpe in the 5th, surely we can find someone without breaking the bank that has some speed. I still don't believe we need a "name" guy out there, but we need someone a safety will respect.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

It would have been much worse without all the drops. Two of the last 4 in the end zone were drops. We should have lost that game. We cannot get pressure. When we blitz it's with stunts that take forever for the guy that delayed to get an open lane to get there. We have no speed to do this. Using Casey or even a LB isn't working. I don't think we sacked Barkley one time. For half the season I believed all we needed was an ILB and a two CB's, but we better go very heavy on D in this draft or FA. Allen would be my first pick, and then Cunningham or Foster. If we get enough pressure up front then we can take adequate CB's in the 3rd and 4th or FA.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Part of the problem:

Per @PFF: On 39 snaps, when primary in coverage LeShaun Sims allowed passer rating of 130.8: 10 targets, 7 catches, 89 yards, TD. #Titans

Per @PFF: CB Perrish Cox targeted 7 times for 4 receptions for 43 yards and a TD. Barkley 114.9 passer rating when targeting Cox. #Titans

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

You
    You ain't lying brother....We have work to do on Defense. I wouldn't care if we went all in on Defense then picked up a WR/TE in the market

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I like Mike Williams...but we are bleeding out on Defense....What if we get Hopkins in off season. Isn't his contract up? He knows the division too....

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

We are far more likely to get another KW, or Kenny Britt, in the first round than a "#1" WR.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar