We need a #1

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GrayGhost1951, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree...That's why I said why not go All in on Defense and fix the receiver/TE spot via FA...Hopkins, Jeffrey, etc...There are guys out there with experience that could help for sure.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Alshon Jeffrey?

No

Damaged goods

3. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

they're idiots if they take anything other than a CB and ILB with those two picks. we need reuben foster's explosion. watching spence and williamson try to get to the flat is a nightmare

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I don't want Jeffrey...Just saying, guys will be there.....Just as good and can plug in instantly rather than grooming a new WR.....I say we go heavy Defense personally. We score plenty....We just need to stop the bleeding at pass defense and pass rush.

5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Pass rusher and ILB should be the first two picks. You get pressure and you can get CB's in the later rounds. Allen/Barnett and Foster would be fine, or even Cunningham.

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Remember too, however, we have played some meh defenses. The true test in whether or not we need a WR in the draft will come from our game against Denver. If MM can't get the ball to his receivers or they can't get open then perhaps we do need to spend some resources in the draft to get a true #1.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

nope, over bargain binning CBs. it's gotten us nowhere.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

You have a much better chance of getting pressure and making a CB look good than depending on a CB staying in coverage for 4-5 seconds until the front gets a sack. That's a fact. One good rusher versus 3-4 CB's trying to cover.

9. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

we are fifth in the league in sacks. we need a physical corner that can disrupt receivers at the los AND recover. they play off each other. i'm fine with another year of relying on orakpo, morgan and casey to get pressure. if we take a CB and an explosive ILB that can blitz and cover the flat it will do us a world of good.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah we definitely need ILB help....and certainly secondary help as well...Defending the pass has been a huge problem for years......Time to stop it. I am so tired of giving up leads etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar