we need little

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYTitansFan, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

no.................he is exactly what we dont need in Nashville................fans tend to look at numbers and stats and talent in thinking how great a guy would be for their team................I look at players as complements of what is already here in Nashville...............this teams identity will be forged the character they import................I think the days of going talent over character are over here.

2. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

sarcasm will get you no where..............I would suggest introspection as to what really ails this team...............it is not so much as talent as a lack of leadership and direction.

3. well character issues are another reason as to why we shouldnt want him on our team then ehh?

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

definitely understandly my friend and i agree 100%. just wanted to see what you thought of it...

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

football is a team sport.................guys like TO Adam and Moss would make great golfers or tennis players....................their mentality is not suited to winning in this sport..........they are supremely talented athletically but their talent does not translate when they are not the center of the team of it s main cog.......................sometimes the individual has to give up part of what makes him special to make the sum greater.............too often people forget it and how character and ethic forge great collective goals to be achieved. the guys who win individual awards in this league usually dont get lombardis

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

hmm so lets see here...

Did FR or JF not see this coming when they drafted this kid a year ago (if i remember right you said something along the lines of they didnt do an extensive background check) or did they think they could change pac's perspective?

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

truthfullly I think they made both mistakes...............they did not dig enough but the reached for him because he had a skill set they sought...............problem is his behavior has stunted his play..............and that has limited his impact...................so all in all the pick was a complete waste especially considering how high an impact the 6th pick can bring..................everything is relative.

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

thats certainly an interesting point of view, fair enough my friend....

but if we could back to that #6 pick, who would you take with it instead of pac?

9. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

I would have taken the guy i said all along..............Barron or a trade down................I also would have looked at DJ.............but lower..............I have been quite consistent on that pick...........and for those keeping score Barron has developed into a very good OT already

10. i like pac cause hes good, but i think that hes getting better with his attitude and whatnot, but like yall are saying he probably will just let everything out one day it wont be pretty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar