We need to draft this guy!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Amishboy, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

2. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Kevin won't make it much longer.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Leroy Harris is pretty good.

4. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Yeah but this guy is a beast.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Brock Lesnar.

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Leroy Harris played very well filling in for Mawae.

No thanks.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd look at Eric Wood a little later, but he and Unger will be gone by the third at the very latest, I would guess. Wood is listed as Mayock's top center on NFLN, but most people list Alex Mack from Cal. I have Mack listed as one I would take at #30. And whereas Harris can play center, he can also play guard just as well, and I think he could upgrade Amano there. Amano has always been sort of a transition player for us, kind of like Justin Hartwig was. He's a decent enough starter, but there's an argument to be made for center. It just ensures our line continues it's dominance. I love Mawae as a player, and whereas he may play at a high level through 2009, we had our doubts after the 2007 season. We were lucky his legs came back, but now he has an elbow injury and couldn't play in the pro bowl. Besides, the NFLPA could use him as well. I'm fine if we skip this pick, but if we do it, there's only a handful of guys you want in this draft at that position. Mack at least has been called "the best center prospect since Nick Mangold," which would be ironic if we drafted Mack, since Mangold replaced Mawae in New York. I actually think Mack is the by far the safest pick we could make in round one, and it's worth considering since we rely on our line so much. If Mawae went down and Harris stepped in, we'd be down to Mike Otto, and then like Jason Murphy on the PS (who I actually hope makes the roster this year -- he looked great during the preseason and I wouldn't be surprised if Amano is allowed to go get a big payday in 2010).

Anyway, a center's not a crazy pick at all. You guys shouldn't be so flippant.

Anybody remember the "...and guest-starring at center this year, it's (this guy)!" years after Matthews retired? Anyway, point is, whether the guy plays center or not, we'll probably need another guy for the interior, but sometimes it's easier to go after centers. We got Harris as the 3rd or so ranked center in the 2007 draft in round 4.

But on the other hand, Munchak does such a good job with them, it's also a question of where do you want to tie-up your first round money? And where is it needed the most?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar