We peaked too early....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Over the last several seasons, it's been so important to get hot at the right time.

And actually, there is still time left for us to kick it in gear. But as said in other threads, we were FLAT today. Not good to be so flat with homefield on the line, against a poor run defense.

Add to that, if we lose AH, things just went from bad to a whole lot worse...

Here's what I'd like to see happen in the next two weeks, to hopefully get the team back on track, and hot...

1) Get Vince Young one series a game, regardless of score. I'm thinking near the end of the second quarter, or beginning of the second half. Just to change things up, and provide a spark. I'd be in favor of several handoffs during this time, and planned Vince run plays. And Vince passes should be short.

2) Recommit to the run game. I really really like LW. I want him to get more touches every game and for this team to use ball control. Winning time of possession might be the most important stat for our offense. Also, keep CJ fresh, and use him equally as much as LW. Maybe a few less carries, but CJ is a homerun hitter... I want him fresh throughout the game.

3) Phase out plays to J-mac. To me, Gage, Scaife, B.Jones, and Crumpler are our best receiving targets. I'd like to see some more 2TE formation pass plays. Jones and Gage have stood out to me this season... I'd like to see them take the biggest WR roles going into and through the playoffs.

4) One real trick play a game, with KFC at the helm. In the past, Fisher has had some very creative offensive plays, some work, some don't. They are generally high risk, high reward. But our O is very vanilla. We need to get some work in on some tricks, for the times we need them in the playoffs.

Well, I'm sure some will disagree, but this is direction I'd personally like to see us go.

Right now, we are very flat, and don't look like that dominating team during the first half of the season. If we want postseason success, we need to start a hot streak next week vs. Pitt.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

That's what she said!

We need to merge some threads, IMO.

3. Alex1939

Probably, I just didn't see where this fit in correctly in any other thread.

Honestly, I just wanted to point out that I'm very concerned that our team is not "hot" at this time in the season. Gotta get hot again.

(and just want to say... Steve Slaton is awesome. I'm incredibly impressed with him. Taking that knee after the first down to end the game is a veteran move!)

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i say we sit the starters the next 2 weeks. we have slim chance at winning the next 2 games, we seems to have hit a wall. better off to rest the starters and not get beat up while losing the next 2 games. or we can get beat up and lose, and make us look even worse.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

We stompled the Colts earlier, they barely beat the Lions today, why would you cede that game away??

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

5) Get Eugene Amano a job in the front office. Terrible. Has been all year. Hardly laid a finger on Okoye on the 3rd & 1 stuffing.

Don't phase JMac out. Kick JMac out.

After watching JMac, Nickey and Amano all year, I've come to the conclusion that you can be blind and partially retarded, but as long as Jeff likes you, you're going to play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

And history has shown it's not good to rest starters before the playoffs. Look at the Bucs last year. They rested thier starters, and then lost in the first game.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Dear Titan fans,

We had the same thought in 2006. We started off 9 - 0, we lost a few (including one to Tennessee where the magnificent Gunny saw it live) and ended up 12 - 4 on the season, losing 4 of our last 7 during the regular season.
    People thought we had no chance...to be honest neither did we.

Sincerely,

Indianapolis Colts

P.S - We won the Superbowl.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

^^ Exactly. Analyze the season when it's OVER. Not when you're in the middle of a battle to determine just where you're going...

10. Alex1939

True, and thank god for Vince Young...

(although this is from wikipedia)

"Titans QB Vince Young connected with WR Drew Bennett for a 20-yard touchdown pass to shrink the Colts' lead to 4 points. The third quarter did not yield a score, but Vince Young ran wild. The Colts' rushing defense was at its worse towards the end of the regular season. Three minutes into the last quarter, Vince Young hooked up with WR Brandon Jones for a touchdown to give Tennessee its first lead of the game."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar