we should start lendale (and young also) next week...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I dont know if he should be the starter or not, but I do believe because he is the future, he should be getting as many carries as possible. I also believe that in order for us to have ANY chance this week, we need to hold the ball as long as possible, HENCE, us running a lot.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what's kinda interesting is Brown's first couple of runs were quite serviceable ... maybe the 10 in a row prematurely curtailed his stamina

nevertheless, I think to this stage in his career Chris Brown has shown the potential to break a big play now and again ---- he has also shown that he's not reliable enough to be a full time / every down back
    -it was cool to see him hit 100 yards before halftime in the beginning of his career, but chances are those days are over

~Chris probably would make a good 2nd and long back
    ~Travis probably makes for a good 3rd and short

HOWEVER, without solid O-Line play and until the passing attack stabilizes, it's going to be difficult for any of our backs to be successful

3. maximus

maximus Starter

somewhere in the middle of his lung transplant (thanks Gut), and perhaps another collison with a member of the hobbit secondary, Chris will get hurt and wont get that touch yard....unless Indy feels sorry and gives it to him ;)

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's been 3 years since he had 10 carries in a game. His body wouldn't be used to that punishment.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I'm sure fisher will say LW doesn't know all the blocking schemes as the reason that LW isn't starting already. My response would be to ask why then are olson and pillar still starting as they don't seem to know the blocking schemes either.:grrhee:

6. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I was a CB fan, even have a Jersey of his, but plain and simple, the kid is a straight ahead runner, no cuts, no jukes to his game whatsoever. He runs tall, and has not strength to pull free from arm tackles. The 20 pounds of muscle he put on must be in his back b/c that's what he always lands on when he is tackled......No serious, a few years ago that style of running was good b/c our o-line can actually sustain blocks while he gets through the hole with his speed, but now?? sheesh, they can get a block but sustaining it is another story. I finally admit that CB is made out of toilet paper. Let Lendale Start, just hope his injuries are behind him, he looked a little gimpy after a few of those runs himself.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

9 rushes, 39 yards isnt bad for a rookie, also consdiering that he only got most of the carries in the first half, if we stick to a ground game and control the clock, we can keep the game closer

#34 Behind Enemy Lines

CB on 3rd down?

The way he tip toes to the hole? We'll have Craig on the field even more often!

The Dallas game was my first trip to Nashville, and I had a blast--even considering the result of the game we had a great time, but I tell you what there are a lot of problems on the O and D line that aren't getting noticed much here.

9. Titansince99

Titansince99 Guest

Lendale should start because Chris Brown is averaging 3.1 ypc. Lendale is at 3.5. Henry is at 2.7. Simple math points to Lendale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar