we will regret givin chris away....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

ppl keep bashing chris brown and praising t. henry...but lets rewind...last yr...they both sucked ...both yes they did have flahses.... but both struggled

this yr...each took their turn sucking...then what happened....travis all of a sudden blew up against the colts (who doesnt) but more importantly ran behind teh new revamped o-line of steward and bell insted of pillar. then that line really gelled together and really opened holes for henry..and brown didnt get a carry for a very long time. till i think like week 14 agaisnt the texans (which have a decent run D) and ran the ball 4 times for 44 yards...and that was all we saw of him...behind the good line....

and if u recall back when our o-line was good...he ran amazing...and led ALL RBS OVER 200 CARRIES IN YARDS PER CARRY...so tell me why have u all given up on him?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

because he is not reliable to finish a game without getting injured.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he didnt run amazingly. he broke some long runs that made his YPC look pretty. he would have 90 yards in the first half and end up with 112 for the game.

the fact that an injured lendale white was active over brown tells you how much confidence the coaching staff had in him.

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Chris runs too high for my liking. Everytime he takes a carry up the middle, I always think he's about to get baptised by a sprinting linebacker or safety (if he makes it that far). And his injury history has been well documented

5. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

and he's 6'3, its kinda hard to stay low and hit a hole when youre taller than some of our recievers. Henry is much better.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

let's not forget his knack for giving the ball away either.

in 596 touches he has 12 fumbles. a fumble every 49.66 touches, that's not all that good.

LT fumbles once every 102 touches. larry johnson fumbles every 141.1 touches. steven jackson fumbles every 110.75 touches. it pretty much goes on like that for the good-great backs.

7. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

i think he could be good somewhere else, he needs a fresh start again. i liked him and i am dissipointed that he didnt turn out the way he should have, cause his first couple yrs he showed he could run.

8. Nine

Nine Starter

I believe Brown can still be a top-notch #2 RB....he has the skills to be a very dangerous big-play threat, and he's very good in pass protection. He's also very effective on screen passes.

However, he's not durable enough to be an every-down player. As much as he gets nicked up, you can't depend on him to be available week in and week out....or even for a full four quarters.

Personally, I'd love to see him stay with the Titans....Brown, Henry, and Lendale could be an absolutely deadly triple threat. Unfortunately, Brown sees himself as a starter, and Fisher's philosophy really doesn't lend itself to a three-back system.

As much as I'd like to see him stick around, I very seriously doubt it will happen.

(And for his critics....yes, he sucked in 2005. ALL of the Titans' RB's sucked in '05, because the O-line was incapable of blocking anyone. Brown was no worse than Henry or Payton; behind that nonexistent O-line, they were set up to fail.)

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

yo man i'm just saying....ok he's not a carry the load guy like eddy was...but he has amazing speed and will break off big gainers a lot more often then other rbs....and when he did have his chance his lone one w/ a line that could actualy block (refer to my first post..nether could run last yr or the begin of this one till the line was shuffled)...he took it and ran (@ the end of the game...when they knew we would run...)he sitll ran amazing 4 times for 44 yards...and i'm sory i remember only two yrs ago...he was amazing and led the league in yards per carry...which is the most effective catigory for rbs(not tds thye come with offenesive strengh and luck if u get close to the goal line...or total rushing yards which come w/ oppurtunity...no ypc...

and i trust fisher he said it himself that he was the starter in camp...fisher can judge talent and calimed him as his stater b/c he was the best of the trio....or have u forget?

not to mension he'd be one of the best back ups to henry...although i'm not sure he'd want tat role...w/ potential for the starters job some where else

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I say keep them both along with Lendale. I liked how we mixed them up in the gameplan this season.
    Chris Brown is a smart runner but lacks strength, Travis is much stronger but i would consider him a little less of a smart-runner than Brown.

LW.. i don't know. Haven't seen enough to judge him yet.

IMO anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar