Weakest link on defense - POINT'em OUT!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What's wrong with a asking for clarification on a pretty vague point?

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

OK, so since I don't know if you are kidding and really don't know what a 4-6 D is I will explain to the best of my ability. The old 85 bears (coach fisher's team) D coordinator was buddy ryan. He favored a D called the 4-6, in which the blitz could come from not only the LB's but most any of the secondary, in the bears version the SS would (not sure of his name) come off the edge, up the middle but the point is it could be any one coming, very similar in effect to the sqeelers 3-4 blitz package in effect. Lesson done for the day, class dismissed.:grrhee:

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

no he can come back @ game 10 i really hope he does too taht would be so good....near the end of the regular seaons helps takes us to the playoffs and get his form back....in time to win.

an i think that as of now harper is the weakest link...but not who i would change...i would leave harper our there till pac comes and replaces him...but for now i'd remove lowry from FS and put in griffen...he is playin really when when given the chance.

4. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

It was actually more of a joke but those are like your famous words so thats why I said that.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Awesome post. This thread is gay.

I couldn't agree more about the red zone.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Harper seems to get picked on teh most and is obviously the highest profile guy but Fowler is a little dissapointing IMO. It might be hard to argue about your MLB when your team is #2 in the league against the rush but Fowler doesn't seem to be doing anything special out there to me.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i was kidding. i'm well aware what the 46 is.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I was hoping Fowler would be the type to swarm to be ball and bring the big hit. So far, he doesn't seem to be the impact guy I was hoping he'd be. But Godfrey wasn't either his first season while he was learning the system and the players around him. He came on strong (when he was healthy) the following year.

I'm extremely optimistic about this defense. They're playing well despite four new players in the mix. I think Fowler, Finnigan, Harper and Lowry will only get better with experience.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nicksmith - man, you're really confusing when it comes to evaluating DB talent. Apparently, you think being great means you chase people down while being totally out of position (see: your obsession with Lamont Thompson) and being bad means you never leave your receiver by more than a footstep. How is finnegan worse than Harper? Finnegan hasn't been lost on a play yet. Harper has at least 3 times in 3 games.

Again, this doesn't mean that Harper is bad. He just needs to do a lot better. And him not knowing the system is no excuse for going the wrong direction while looking at a ball. Knowing the system isn't going to help that. He's been in the right position, up until he has a chance to make a play on the ball, and then he takes himself out of position.

As far as it being wrong to point out a weakness, uh. How do you think our defense improved? BECAUSE WEAKNESSES WERE FIXED. We're what rank in defense? We're not the best are we? Could we be better? Man, homers, c'mon. There's nothing wrong with evaluating weaknesses. It's how things get fixed.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You are trying to call out players by the title of this thread. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should have said something along the lines of:

"Our D looks like it has improved leaps and bounds this season but where could we be better?"

Makes you sound less like an :moon2: :clown:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar