Webster might be the worst GM in the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Keeferdog, Oct 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

We all know his late round picks have not amounted to crap but how about his early round picks? Wright= average, Warmack= average, Hunter=terrible, Brown=terrible, Sankey=terrible, Wreh Wilson=terrible, Ayers=terrible. The list goes on and on! This is the man to blame right now.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yep.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I dont think this is news to anyone. Entire organization is a mess and has been for over a decade.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Queffer!

• LOL LOL x 3
  5. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Webster is bad but the concerning part is the lack of f***s given by the ownership.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Playing devil's advocate:
    Wright = Certainly better than average, come on
    Warmack = bad pick in a horrible draft
    Hunter = This was beyond stupid, to trade up for a raw player with questionable desire
    Wreh Wilson = Not a terrible risk for the third
    Brown = A lot of potential there, a high risk/reward guy
    Sankey = we could have done better but I would not call him terrible
    Ayers = smart pick at the time as we were terrible at LB and he did well under the old coaching staff and elsewhere. He was never going to be the playmaker the old staff said he would be but he was still a strong run defender who could add something to the pass rush. New staff blew it with Ayers.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

They are in over their head as well. There's been no clear direction from the top ever since Bud died (and arguably before Bud died). Tommy Smith, who never wanted to be very involved, was named President... only to quit a year later. Then there are the rumors of disagreement within ownership regarding selling the team. It's just a mess all around.

Sadly, I think a sale is our only hope at this point.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. KillerTitanFan

KillerTitanFan Starter

We should have never let Floyd go................

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I disagree with all of that except Ayers and Wright.

Guard in the top ten is always stupid.

Trading up for Hunter when guys like Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, and Terrence Williams were available. I'm not knocking selecting Hunter, but trading up for him when there were guys with similar talent available was stupid.

Taking Brown over Levonte David was the dumbest thing imaginable in that situation.

Sankey was not in the top five of RBs available, but we took him first.

I liked the Ayers pick. I don't feel like we ever used him correctly. He went to NE and was strictly used as a guy to get after the QB. He was a'ight at that.

I like Wright. He's the only guy on the roster who can make a play outside of the Xs and Os. Wright just isn't a featured guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Sounds like we agree on Sankey too if you look back. I said we could have done better.

And Ayers was also used by NE to improve their run D.

With Hunter I think the team was just in love with having a guy with his size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar