Webster & Whiz take the podium in a few

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

he got a hold of a steak and gained some muscles

he also apparently took a bath

looking good D

2. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

How has the team gotten complacent? They have fired two head coaches in the last 5 years. Spent a ton of money in FA the last two years and have been changing the philosophy of both the offense and defense last year. That's hardly complacent. As well as listening to everything they say and about to spend a lot more money this free agency. This is not a video game. You cant go fire and cut everyone and sign anyone you want. There is a lot more technical skill and work that goes into it that we don't see. Its easy to be an arm chair GM, but it jus doesn't work that way. Look what knee jerk reactions, firing, cutting, and spending big money has gotten the Raiders and Browns. That's not how you do it.

Also, I think some are forgetting that Whiz has only been here one year with a bad lineup, worse QB, and had a bunch of injuries. We started with no depth. It takes time...

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think this teams issue is theres no togetherness. I think thats what Delanie Walker always talks about when saying the culture needs to change.

These guys aren't playing for each other...

That falls on the coach.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

If we don't draft a QB we need to trade down. Simple as that.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

In talking about complacency, I'm talking mostly about the history of the team since the move to Tennessee. This franchise rode on the coattails of their early success. IMO, hiring Munch was complacent. And, if you'll remember, he wasn't going to be fired after 2013—he quit—or he'd coached this team in 2014.

Now, a good case can be made that complacency has been replaced by incompetency. I don't see any reason to be confident Whiz is an upgrade over Munch. I hope to heck I'm wrong but what has he done to prove otherwise? All I see are excuses, no identity, no plan for the future, no acceptance of blame, etc.

No, it's not. Is anyone here saying Whiz needs to be fired? Not me.

I totally agree it's about the draft and, IMO, this team has done a poor job with their early picks for years. Yet many of the same scouts remains which, again, reflects complacency.

All I am saying is that this front office has screwed up enough so that every decision they make should be scrutinized by the fans who accepted most everything spoon-fed to it for season after season which has basically the norm for the other 31 teams in the NFL.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Haha I'm not betting anything because I bet you're right. However, a bad combine could easily slip him into the 3rd. I've been seeing him anywhere from mid2nd to mid3rd. So its not that absurd for him to be there at our 3rd.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Woahhh I actually agree with TWW2

• LOL LOL x 2
  8. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

You cannot blame us riding the early years for success. We have a new owner and GM. None of that matters to them or has an impact for them. Munch quit because we wanted him to fire everyone (more non complacency) Whiz has been here ONE year, no way that qualifies as a failure especially after all the problems we had last year. Yes, some where on him, some were not. As far as the draft as gone, I suspect we have done pretty well compared to others. Our last 4 1st round picks are starters for us. We would want to resign them all if they were FA right now, that's shows that they were good picks. Jury is still out on a lot of them. Go look the last 1-2 rounds of the draft the last few years and see how many players are already on their second team, out of the league, or not starter/playing. There is a lot more than you think

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've yet to see Whiz step up and accept any blame for anything that happened last season. Have you? If this team want the fan to believe they are a product worth investing in, then there has to be more personal accountability on all levels.

The guys who should be leading this team are those first and second-round guys taken 4-5 years ago. These are the players the team builds around.

'09 - Britt, Marks
    '10 - Morgan
    '11 - Locker, Ayers

This is "pretty good" to you? I'll agree that the picks the last two seasons deserve more time but here's what we have:

'12 - Wright, Brown
    '13 - Warmack, Hunter
    '14 - Lewan, Sankey

I'm not seeing a potential top 10 player at any position outside of possibly Lewan.

Look, I'm not saying things can't be turned around or that Whiz doesn't deserve more time. I will say that this franchise has placed itself in the situation where every decision they make will be dissected and, based on recent performance, the pessimism you get on this message board is normal for ANY fan base of ANY NFL team who has one winning season in the last eight.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

You cannot forget that Webster had no say in any of those picks you mentioned. Only last 3 years (the ones you liked). Whiz certainly did not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar